Stepping stone # 5175 - this is it

My property journey to freedom took 5,175 days.

Great thread :) Very inspiring!!

My goal is my birthday in twenty years time. 7,300 days

I think I will stick this number up on my partition at work to motivate me, and underneath it once a year I will write the number of days i'm up to :D

The good thing is, no one but me will no the meaning of the numbers!!

^ be careful of these type of sites, i have seen them banned on other much larger boards because of the trojans and spyware they carry

Darn...I missed the milk-shakes!

Well, I just stepped "outside" for a couple of renos and a spot of travel and, lo and behold, if that sand groping, rusty-shed loving, handle-swapping whipper-snapper from the West has not gone and actually cut the unbiliqual. Dazz, please accept my belated congratulations. Perhaps this kickalong will invoke an update. In any case, bloody good on ya !!
LL

Thank you for those kind words LL. I know you are very close to the same point, if not there already yourself. It's a very tough decision calling when "enough is enough"....the hardest decision I have ever had to make thus far.

Perhaps this kickalong will invoke an update.

It's been 6 months since I walked out the door, and I gotta tell ya, being a full-time Landlord is everything that I envisioned it would be. The best thing working for yourself is knowing that if you put out at work, you receive 100% of the benefits. This is exactly how I liked to work at Uni, and reaped the benefits there, so.....17 years later after leaving, I am finally back in the position of being the pilot in my own plane, rather than passively sitting there and flying wherever my boss chose to take me.

Autonomy was what I was craving and sadly lacked at work. Hard to sit there as the numpty at the bottom of the food chain and grind away 8 to 5 and then put on your Superman's suit at nights, early mornings and weekends flying around managing stuff.

The cashflow was good....at least that's what the Bankers kept telling me. I'm not sure they are fully aware that I have left. I'm not about to tell them. A mobile phone only as a contact, and an email are wonderful things.

During the six months I've pretty much completed all of the tasks (both urgent and backburner type) that were languishing on my mental To Do list. It eventually starts to drive you crazy having 27 jobs swirling around your head buzzing at you like a fly that you can't swat cos you have to dedicate the vast bulk of your time during business hours to your employers interests.

Anyway, they have all been wrapped up. That's involved conducting market reviews on rent levels, issuing notices as such, conducting site inspections, instigating environmental clean-ups, argy-bargy with Tenants and Tenants solicitors (my all time favourite sport), maintenance on the ressy stuff and a bunch of "make good" stuff for the industrial stuff.

One of the biggest things I've achieved is un-crossing a couple of ressy titles out of my X-coll nightmare. The silly buggers at the Bank believed my line that I would be a good boy and not go silly with the titles if they gave a few back to me. hahaha.

Well of course, they are immediately being used as deposits for other horrible stuff that shall not be mentioned.

Tried purchasing an office suite with the family involved - everything worked brilliantly and all conducted themselves in a mature and sensible fashion....got it on contract for a great price, but alas, the credit boys at the Banks thought a property fully leased to the State Govt until late 2020, spinning off $ 5,000 p.w. in free cashflow on a 100% loan scenario from day 1 was far too dodgy for them and so we were forced to let it go. That same day a wily old bugger in his 70's with a wad of cash snapped it up from the Vendor for 200K more than we had it on contract for. Gotta love the Banks. Apparently some unemployed people in Alabama who couldn't afford their housing loan was the root cause of our rejection ??

Volunteered as a lolly-pop man helping the school kids cross the road outside of school. Apparently that's where you end up when you are finished and end up on the real estate scrap heap. Be nice to your local lolly-pop man folks....you never know who you might bump into.

Next month I am joining a bunch of boys leaving Perth on our Harleys for a trip across the paddock. Will probably end up in north Qld somewhere by the time I get a sore @$$ and want to come home. Who knows, may even bump into a few SSers along the way.

Cheers.

Next month I am joining a bunch of boys leaving Perth on our Harleys for a trip across the paddock. Will probably end up in north Qld somewhere by the time I get a sore @$$ and want to come home. Who knows, may even bump into a few SSers along the way.

Cheers.

:cool:

--------

Spent 8 months travelling OZ on the hog (softail custom) and let me tell you,
Life Changing experience, you wont be the same again!

Big Tone

Back