Steve mc knight $30 seminar soon. I assume it's a lure to costly course

Steve mc knights giving soon a seminar for only $ 30 though I assume it's an intro to a costly course . I wonder if really much can be gained from it alone.

Was about to ask the same question.
I'm a newbie PI, still reading and finding more knowledge about properties world.

Hi

Until you have a go, you wont know, and another's opinion isnt always suitable to draw a conclusion from whwre something so "small" is involved.

I guess you are really asking is this worth spending my time on ?

ta
rolf

I just don't want to go to seminar with little info but more about luring potential people into joining the group, to sign up for info.

Not that I am supporting any seminar or any person , but conceptually, what per se is wrong with acquiring information that you are seeking that will help meet your goals much more quickly.

ta
rolf

Last edited:
There is going to be a sales pitch at any cheap or free seminar, but it doesn't mean they won't give you good info also. It all depends on what your expectations are.

It's good to go along and make up your own mind if you might be interested. I've found value in the promo evenings before. I've found some of the best value education in the $15-$30 evenings (As opposed to the expensive courses), at that price you have to expect some possibility for up selling for the presenter.

It's all just sugar without the healthy diet if you don't act on the information and knowledge, in terms of property deals you are going to learn more than anything by taking action.

I've been to $30 intro evenings and found out information that has made me many times that. If nothing else it's a cheap night out and you get to mix with other property investors. If property investing is what you want to do, then these are the people you want to meet.

Go with an open mind and have a good time. Leave the credit card at home if you don't trust yourself not to fall for the hard sell.

I've been to $30 intro evenings and found out information that has made me many times that. If nothing else it's a cheap night out and you get to mix with other property investors. If property investing is what you want to do, then these are the people you want to meet.

Go with an open mind and have a good time. Leave the credit card at home if you don't trust yourself not to fall for the hard sell.

agreed 100%.

I've been to one of these evenings and found the "sell" not hard at all. There was a good update of property markets (and like all updates make up your own mind how accurate they are) and a some ideas too.

Of couse if the "sell" is for that night only, never to be repeated blah blah then just walk away, but I wouldn't expect that. Get the details and take them home to think about, recycle bin if not interested.

I agree with the other guys.

You go there with big expectations and you won't get much from the night. Go with an open mind and you will be surprised with how much you got from it. The room is packed with other like-minded people, networking is the gold of these events.
The bonus is Steve is coming to Canberra for the first time which is almost booked out I heard.

What's $30 really you can buy a book and not get alot out of it!
As for an up sell that's what everybody does it's expected at any event, he doesn't do the hard sell I have seen others do.
At the end of the day it's up to you, it's a choice you get to make.

I'm going so maybe I will see you there! :)

I cant recall who can be credited with this saying, I know Jim Rohn used it a lot

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance......................

I think by that the author meant not just the basis of the education itself, but to be sufficiently open minded and perceptive that when something lands in ur lap that u know what to do with it

ta
rolf

For the record i went along last night and i gotta say, Steve always provides great content even though there is something to buy at the end. He has a no nonsense, simple approach to the local market that is easy to understand and can be applied to the real world in the current market

I took away at least 3 things that i will be applying to my investing right now - that's worth way more than $30 and the 1.5hr drive i made to Brisbane

Its important to be constantly furthering your education but more importantly, actually doing something with the info.

Cheers,
Matt

I was at the Brisbane presentation last night too.

yes Steve wanted to sell something, of which I have no interest in whatsoever, primarily because I dislike ipods (the latest neuroscience is scarey re what they do to ears and brain development).

was the Qld market update info that novel or insightful? not really.
it was a pretty straight interpretation of HTW's market report and REIA and REIQ stats; and an affirmation that the Australian market is essentially a growth market, not a cash flow one.

the value of listening to someone like Steve is that they can confirm one's personal research, and infuse with the confidence to act. enough people listen to guys like him for his view to mirror the market. I also picked up a couple of bits that hadn't been at the forefront of my mind for some time.

Back