Steve Navra - Guru or Ghost?

Not necessarily so, if Suite 203 is occupied by THREE companies. Check out their corresponding websites. ;)

NavraInvest
Navra Financial Solutions, and
Quantum Financial Solutions.

These 3 companies all share the same address. :rolleyes: And some staff, too, apparently.

And, Sim, as the Navra share funds have now been terminated, wouldn't it be encumbent on Navra to remove any obsolete info from their website ASAP, or, better still, remove the website in its entirety?

Amy

From memory one of the new funds was purchasing a property as premises for NavraInvest?

All was apparently going well until the GFC hit

Stephens a smart guy though and I'm sure he will weather the storm as have many others

I tend to have faith in Steve.
So did all the others who invested with him...ask them now if they still have faith in him and his funds. And don't blame it all on the GFC, it just doesn't wash.
David, do you have any money at all tied up with Navra? And did Steve ever get to the final chapter of his LOE strategy? I know I waited a damn long time for the ending, and I finally gave up waiting.
And, by the way, Steve 'isn't here' any longer (on this forum)....he took his bat and ball and disappeared long ago.
Amy

Umm - no ... last post by Steve Navra was 5th January 2012 in this very thread.

Umm - Yes, and a very informative one it was, too. :rolleyes:

Simon, I was referring to the time when Steve Navra posted frequently, and was regarded by many as a 'Guru' here on this forum. Now, he appears only as a 'Ghost'....infrequently.

In his post you referred to, he was going to email you some slides and notes for a Powerpoint presentation he had trouble in uploading. Any news on that front?

Amy

Simon, I was referring to the time when Steve Navra posted frequently, and was regarded by many as a 'Guru' here on this forum. Now, he appears only as a 'Ghost'....infrequently.

In his post you referred to, he was going to email you some slides and notes for a Powerpoint presentation he had trouble in uploading. Any news on that front?

Amy

Amy, why would you want wealth creation tips from someone who didn't prove adept at managing his own?

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Steve had one of the best investments in the world - an ex wife. I heard the monetary returns on those are great, I should get one.

Unfortunately, Steve had one of the best investments in the world - an ex wife. I heard the monetary returns on those are great, I should get one.

If there's one thing that makes the most successful investor get into financial trouble...

Bankrupt or not, weather you'd invest with him or not, Steve is worth listening too.

Last edited:
Amy, why would you want wealth creation tips from someone who didn't prove adept at managing his own?

As opposed to Donald Trump, and many others. The list of ex-bankrupt millionares & billionares is long. I know of more than a few well respected people on these forums who have been through some very tough times and came out the other side even more successful. Like many others the GFC didn't treat him kindly. Some of my most successful clients took massive hits in the GFC and are only now starting to recover.

I'll admit that I didn't like everything Steve said and I chose not to invest in his funds. My own investigations indicated that whilst there were some solid ideas behind the funds, there were some blind spots which were vunerable to a crash such as the GFC. He does have a lot of good ideas however. I'll happily listen to what he's got to say, then take that information and make up my own mind on how I use it.

Steve used to post here a lot, then he started to do his own thing and had a lot of success there. There's a very long and distinguished list of similar forum members who haven't posted in years. It's also interesting that most of the people throwing rocks in this thread have only been active on this forum for about 6 years or less.

Where is Bill.L?

Gee's he was a valuable poster here. Shame he left.

See ya's.
Yes he was a very smart Man,and he had the balls to back it up,at least he lives on in the time he spent making his posts,anyone starting out would pay to read all his posts every one..

Amy

Simon,

Any response?

Amy

As opposed to Donald Trump, and many others. The list of ex-bankrupt millionares & billionares is long. I know of more than a few well respected people on these forums who have been through some very tough times and came out the other side even more successful. Like many others the GFC didn't treat him kindly. Some of my most successful clients took massive hits in the GFC and are only now starting to recover.

I'll admit that I didn't like everything Steve said and I chose not to invest in his funds. My own investigations indicated that whilst there were some solid ideas behind the funds, there were some blind spots which were vunerable to a crash such as the GFC. He does have a lot of good ideas however. I'll happily listen to what he's got to say, then take that information and make up my own mind on how I use it.

Steve used to post here a lot, then he started to do his own thing and had a lot of success there. There's a very long and distinguished list of similar forum members who haven't posted in years. It's also interesting that most of the people throwing rocks in this thread have only been active on this forum for about 6 years or less.

I agree. Steve indirectly is responsible for alot of beneficial information I have learnt on IP's. I find it remiss to make any negative remArks about his services.

I took his advice as was given, made my own opinions based on investment strategies and then acted on it. If it goes belly up, then I took control and am responsible for the repercusions based on my actions.

As Peter mentioned I chose not to invest in any of his Funds. I did though use information learnt though Steve to begin investing and set goals. I wouldn't be in the fortunate position I am now to build waelth for financial independence without Steve's advice and guidance.

Does anyone know what happens to those who are shareholders in Navra Invest? (yep, that's lucky ol' me :rolleyes:)

Are we likely to get back any of our "investment"? I can't find any information on this.

Thanks.

Bankrupt or not, weather you'd invest with him or not, Steve is worth listening too.

You listen to him buddy and you will land up like the majority of his (now ex) clients - financially MUCH worse off - do me a favour - if you are not a client or ex client of his don't make comments like that - you have no idea what you are talking about. :eek:

You listen to him buddy and you will land up like the majority of his (now ex) clients - financially MUCH worse off - do me a favour - if you are not a client or ex client of his don't make comments like that - you have no idea what you are talking about. :eek:

That's a very bold comment given you have no idea about my own history. I recal that I did spend a few hunderd buck to attend one of Steves semiars, so on some level I am a client/ex-client.

I have spent a small amount of time with Steve over the last 13 years. We've got each other's phone number and I know how many kids he has. I've done my own due dilligence on his investment strategies. I've taken what I liked and discarded what I didn't and have done quite well out of it.

Steve gave free access to the basic methods his funds were using and some tools for people to paper trade with. I researched it, got an understanding of how it worked and decided that it was mathematically elegiant (which appeals strongly to me). I then paper traded it for several months but found that good math does not always translate to a practial profit, so I decided it wasn't for me. I still saw the potential of it, but wasn't quite comfortable so I walked away.

I disliked the entire cashbond strategy. It has its merits but if the market doesn't grow continuously or if lending rules change I felt it could collapse on itself - guess what, both happened!!! Dispite this I know for a fact that there's a few very well respected forum members who have used it to their advantage and have come out ahead.

A very small part (perhaps about 5%, others had a far greater influence) of my desicion to become a mortgage broker came from some things Steve said. I run a profitable business and make good money out of it. Steve, your contribution was small, but you were the first person to make me think about becoming a broker. Thank you.

I've done the same with many other sprukers. Some reputable and some are definitely not. Dispite this they're all very smart people, Steve Navra is no exception (he's a very smart person).

Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki have also been broke. I'll happily pay some money to learn from them and I've read many of their books. I'm also completely over watching, "The Apprentice".

I've bought Michael Yardney's books and paid to a few of his seminars (mostly the annual updates). I'm also on record on this forum of disagreeing with some of his strategies. I have the greatest respect for him but I choose not to do everything he says. Some of those choices have cost me money in missed opportunity and some have likely saved me a bundle.

If you've lost money through investing with Steve or anyone else, that's unfortuante and I'm sorry to hear it. You also need to man up and take responsiblity for being the person who opened your wallet.

Last edited:
Back