Stock Gumshoe:

It seems there are a number here with some interest in the stock market. Odds are then that you have received many stock teases from Stansberry, Motley Fool and others offering you a heads-up on the next big thing, free with your $499.00 subscription.

Naturally you wonder what they are and what you are missing out on.

Travis Johnson aka Stock Gumshoe can satisfy that curiosity. He knows his stuff and must have a good filter program because he can usually solve the mystery and "expose" the touted stock. Not only that, but he is pretty good investor and gives a fair, unbiased appraisal of it.

Even if you have no interest in investing on the NYSE he is a good read and somewhere on his site he lists all the touted stocks over the years and how they have done. There are some multi-baggers, as you would expect, but sadly there are far more epic fails.

Reading that really does cure you of that urge give Motley Fool your credit card No. :D

Hi SF

Had a look at Stock Gumshoe and they seem to be tracking the teaser stock performance rather than the recomendations made to subscribers which is a the true indication of a tipsheets value.

I subscribed to Motley Fool in December last year and have been very happy with the results.

Once a month after the market closes a USA and an Australian stock is recommended, I have been buying the Aus. stock on open the following morning, the performance to date is-

Date Opening Price 14/9/12 Close + Div. Profit/Loss

Dec 11 48c 90.5c 5c +99%

Dec 11 $1.60 $1.86 5.5c +20%

Jan 12 $11.75 $13.10 65c +17%

Feb 12 $1.81 $1.70 - -6%

Mar 12 $1.03 $1.21(sold) - +17%

April 12 $6.40 $8.07 - +26%

May 12 $1.08 $1.13 3.2c +5%

June 12 $7.43 $6.70 - -10%

July6 12 $3.25 $3.64 - +12%

Aug 12 $2.43 $2.75 6c +16%

Considering the timeframe and compared to market performance I would consider my subscription of less than $200 to be money well spent.

Sunfish what do you consider to be a good return over the last 9 months?

This is not a a recommendation for Motley Fool or any other tipsheet, please do your own research.

Many different services - have emails from Changewave and also Blue Chip Growth - both have a lot of really good info.

Had a look at Stock Gumshoe and they seem to be tracking the teaser stock performance rather than the recomendations made to subscribers
Had to think about this and "Yes", you are right. I hadn't thought about it that way.

With those results, why wouldn't you be happy? Have you followed the fool's US tips? You might consider opening an account to trade the US where the options market is far more liquid than here and the Canadian market which has a much bigger mining sector. I pay $2 commission on a small options contract and $6 - 7 buying a couple of hundred of the underlying shares.

Back