Strangest "doodads" story you have heared

Economy class seats are getting more squeezed in. My wife who is not at all tall had a lot of trouble getting comfortable in her flight two weeks ago.

You can choose to pay extra (maybe $200 or so) to get bulkhead seats.

I think the other consideration is whether the trip is for business or leisure. If it is for leisure, then without doubt, economy or premium economy is likely the way to go. However, I think if the trip is for business and there is ATO sponsorship and you wish to aim for maximum productivity, then business class should be considered for minimal downtime.

However, I think if the trip is for business and there is ATO sponsorship and you wish to aim for maximum productivity, then business class should be considered for minimal downtime.

How do you get productive at a conference :D.

Unless you do some presenting, you often don't come out any more the wiser or with any more benefits than the person that snoozes through one.

But... I agree if there's going to be a maximum return for the maximum productivity and effort you put in then i say go for it - it's a no brainer.

Often though it's the employer that pays for them, so if they deem it essential that you are fresh and function at maximum productivity (representing the company/industry), then they can pay for business class.

In regards to the ATO paying for business class... surely not.

If that was the case everyone would plan their business class holidays around a conference or other brief business they've concocted up in the various cities - like they do now with economy!

Btw, your conference is being held in Vegas for good reason, so have fun.

In regards to the ATO paying for business class... surely not.

If that was the case everyone would plan their business class holidays around a conference or other brief business they've concocted up in the various cities - like they do now with economy!

Btw, your conference is being held in Vegas for good reason, so have fun.

Airfares, regardless of class are deducible if they are work related. Travel costs, regardless of class should be apportioned if the trip is a mix of work and personal travel.

How do you get productive at a conference :D.
You don't.

You select the conferences with the best locations, then when you get there you register, show up each day to sign in, and then bugger off at lunch time to sight-see/play golf/recover by the pool etc, then get stuck into the food and froth at night, and do it all over gain the next day.

Tax deductible holiday. :D

Airfares, regardless of class are deducible if they are work related. Travel costs, regardless of class should be apportioned if the trip is a mix of work and personal travel.

That is correct.

Weg, many professionals, doctors, accountants, lawyers do plan their holidays around conferences to obtain tax benefits. It depends on how well off the individual is as to whether they fly first, business or economy or whether they stay in 6 star versus 3 star. Even though the ATO chips in, flying business class will still cost me more out of pocket for the trip than if I had flown economy.

A good conference should be productive as there are networking and learning opportunities.

Back