Strata asked me to get quotation...

We have a slightly damaged timber floorboards in our unit. I reported this to strata. They advised me they will try to get it covered by their insurance and asked me to send them quotations for the job.

Should the strata get the quotations or do I have to get the quotation?

Is the quotation normally free or do the repairers charge for the quotation? I'm quite unsure of the process. Can someone explain to me?

Unless you want some stranger to let him/herself in with a key with some other stranger from a repair company and risk not being there yourself, then I would organise the quote for when you are there and send it on.

I read into your question that perhaps you think the strata are possibly getting you to do something you might think is their responsibility. I would guess it is more likely they realise that most people wouldn't want a stranger to be letting in another stranger while they are at work and most people would want to be there. I certainly would.

What is the "slightly damaged" nature of the floorboards.

Were they damaged by you/tenant or by some other act which was due to a fault with common property (eg water leak)

What is the "slightly damaged" nature of the floorboards.

Were they damaged by you/tenant or by some other act which was due to a fault with common property (eg water leak)

They were damaged due to a fault with common property. The floorboards have risen up a bit.

We have a slightly damaged timber floorboards in our unit. I reported this to strata. They advised me they will try to get it covered by their insurance and asked me to send them quotations for the job.

Should the strata get the quotations or do I have to get the quotation?

Is the quotation normally free or do the repairers charge for the quotation? I'm quite unsure of the process. Can someone explain to me?

get the quotes yourself. you can then control who will do the job. the insurance company (if a claim is made and successful) may have their own people do it.

get the quotes yourself. you can then control who will do the job. the insurance company (if a claim is made and successful) may have their own people do it.

If the insurance company ends up having their own people do it, what's the point of us providing the quotes?

They were damaged due to a fault with common property. The floorboards have risen up a bit.

I am guessing either water leak or magnesite lifting (or a combination of both).

Get a flooring company to quote on removing, repairing and reinstalling the affected section. If it is not too big, I would estimate $400-$800.

I am guessing either water leak or magnesite lifting (or a combination of both).

Get a flooring company to quote on removing, repairing and reinstalling the affected section. If it is not too big, I would estimate $400-$800.

Dave, your estimate of $400-$800 for how much area?

Any recommendation for flooring company in Sydney?

Back