Strata titling

Hi

Found 5 townhouses for sale on one title.

Can anyone tell me what the cost of and process of strata titling is?

Also if purchasing on one title is there any sort of rule or guideline about the value of the property as opposed to 5 individual units. What do people look for?

Thanks

Cathy

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

G'day Cathy,

If you haven't already trawled the "old" forum, go looking for an article dated 17 Mar 00 titled "Attention: Andrew G".

In that one, (which I personally think is a CLASSIC post), Andrew answers (or puts questions to) Darren who is asking about blocks of flats. Strata titling and the costs are a SMALL part of what is discussed in the string - but just work thru the whole lot. I promise you, it will be worth the effort.

Mike - in case you're reading this - can this one be collated and put into the Apprentice Millionaire Guide? It's such solid info, and a good chuckle at the same time. It gets into a bunch of figures too - for those other "numbers" fanatics (I LOVED it !!! ;^)

I won't say "Hope it helps" - let me say "It WILL help - BIG TIME!!" Go to the Somersoft home page then Forum, then Archived Forum - then just go looking (more than halfway down).

Regards,

Les

Reply: 1.1

How did you go, Cathy? Did you find it?

If not, maybe Mike or one of the other guru's can "pull it out of the Archives" and re-post it.

Would you mind, Mike (I ask you specifically because of the magic you've been able to weave with TWTW) - or if not the whole post (probably 20 to 30 entries in total), can you do a link that points to the beginning of the thread? And, having done that, can they access all of the other replies, or do you need a link for each??

Sorry - I'm a bit of a dummy in this arena. I do have a precis' of this post (about 6 of the important replies) and could provide this as a file - perhaps email it to you? But ideally, the whole thread is tremendous.

Please let me know what I can do to help after you've checked it out,

Thanks (in anticipation ;^)

Les

Reply: 1.1.1

Hi Les,

I just accidently found this thread last night looking for something else. Too many posts these days to read everything. Perhaps use the Attn function when seeking a specific response from someone. Let me know if you need "how to" instructions.

I found the thread you spoke of in the Old Forum and I agree it is a great thread. It seems Andrew G breathed some fresh air into the forum with his amazing confidence.

I've included in this post, for Cathy's benefit, the Link to the first post in the thread which was long at about 21 posts, some of which were accidentally posted twice. Cathy will have to mouse click the "Next" hyperlink to access each post in turn.
http://www.somersoft.com.au/_disc/0000027c.htm

I've also attached a couple of posts specifically related to strata titling, but I agree that the entire thread is worth reading.

I have had the same thoughts as yourself regarding accessing the Old Forum posts from AM Guide and I will discuss the issue with Ian Somers shortly and see what can be done. As you know, the disadvantage of the Old Forum Archive is that only one post at a time can be called up. So you're never sure exactly how long the topic thread is.

Regards, Mike

Reply: 1.1.1.1

G'day Mike,

You did good there, my man, and Thank You. I'm glad you also enjoyed the AndrewG post.

Hey - that link works pretty good, but the Next function has you jumping around a bit (where a thread of posts forks off into sub-threads). But still, it allows you to catch a glimpse of some classic ideas.

For those checking this out via the link, keep in mind that one reply re-appeared 6 or 7 times before the thread got "into the good stuff" - so don't give up if you're following it (it really is worth the chase).

Onya Mike - you'll have to show me how to do that. Will you be at the big BBQ? I'd love to catch up with you.

Regards,

Les

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Hi Les,

Sorry, I can't make it to the BBQ this time as I'm working overnight shifts at the moment. Such is life. Have a great day, anyway.

I spoke to Ian recently and it seems that the only way to make the Old Forum posts accessible is to repost them to the New Forum so that they can be linked as an Entire Topic. Sounds like a lot of work ahead. Only selected threads will be posted. The banter will probably be culled.

To help you use the Attn function, I've attached a How To guide. Hope it helps.

Regards, Mike

Back