Strata Titling

W

WebBoard

I would like to know how to go about the process of strata titling. What authorities and professionals will I need to deal with? What is the order of events? What problems have people come across when doing this? What time frame is involved?

Projects

There is more than one way to climb a mountain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi Projects
Obtaining strata titles is a long and complicated process which I won't explain here other than to say that is you get a good land surveyor he can do the whole job for you.
If you are in Melbourne, email me and I can give you a few names.
Michael Yardney
Metropole Properties

Reply: 1.1

I can second Michael's comment, we employed the services of a surveyor who took all the hassle out of dealing with the local council and other government bodies. Well worth the investment...frees up your time for finding the next deal.

cheers,
Tom

Reply: 2

The main problem here, when doing strata title is the fire regulations. I've looked at doing a few and the building must meet the current building code, and often its the fire regs that fail.

So, get this checked out prior to purchase. If your plan depends upon getting through Council and you find it will cost you $40,000 to upgrade to meet regs, it might not be worth it...

Also, as your reputable surveyor about dealing with particular council. Some are easier to work with than others!

cheers
Fiona

Back