Strategies for hot property

I have missed out on a couple of properties of late...one had 4 offers another 3 and another 2.

Cant believe the amount of people that are at the inspections..is there a strategy I should use? One real estate agent refused to take an offer for me as he already had 4 and that was all her was taking...didnt even ask me how much I was willing to offer..(I have put his name in my IP folder and I wont be using him if I ever intend to sell)..

I was thinking I could get there early wait in the car and watch the amount of people coming in and out and guage interest when they are out of the units (stalker style??)..then go in, in the last 10 mins.

Fortunately my budget has doubled in a week due to very favourable vals of my other IPs so this weekend it might be a different story in a completely different price bracket..

Any thoughts

A few strategies that I use:

Make offers as soon as it hits the market
make the offer strong, stronger then others, shorter settlement, higher priced, huge deposits, unconditonal etc. (find out what the vendor wants)
Make sure the agent knows you are serious, and try to get them to contact you before anything hits the market
Walk the talk, ie dont hesitate, know your market, make offers quickly , none of this "ill think about it stuff"
if its at auction, there are various strategies, which I wont go into, as its too long
Put deadlines on offers,
if you have know how to inspect for pests, do it straight away before others can hire their own people
Look for properties that have crappy ads, or crappy photos, or are presented poorly
Get friendly with the agent at the opens, throw in a sob story or a unique story so they remember you
Promise him that you will sell your other IP through him, or tell him you are looking for multiple in the area

i think thats all I can think of at midnight

Back