Stuart Zadel

Hi

Has anyone been to Stuart Zadel 2 days seminar if so did you get much out of it.

Going to be in SA in June

Its free and he gives away a book from what i've read.

SG

If you haven't heard any of the speakers before it is quite informative (they tend to have the same presentation for years and years). I agree that you'll get pretty sick of the hard sell by the end of the weekend but if you are prepared to access the free info and not feel pressured to buy any 10K "mentoring" programs you'll enjoy it.

Which one is it? He has 2 now.

TAGR and TAGR in property.

Both are a series of speakers out to get you to sign up for their course. They give a little info but mostly just telling how good they are and how you can make lots of money by doing what they do (of course you have to pay THOUSANDs for any of the info).
I went to both. Learned a little bit but nothing startling.

You get free books and DVD's.

Hi

Its the property one. I would recommend it so far doing second day today.

No pressure insofar as upsell but definitely work on the mind. People rushing to the back with instant decisions to part with 6k+ is amazing to watch. Of course only limited offers available and its like seagulls and a chip. Overall though the speakers certainly make you look at things differently.

General pitch do things differently but you need a mentor to guide you or it can be costly and the cost of the program is not much in the scheme of things. Thats the logic that is pitched.

SG

Hi
Just went to his 2 day seminar in Sydney.

There were some interesting topics, and bits of information here and there.

( and as per two posts above.... it was hilarious if it wasn't so serious/sad how eager people were to get to the back and part with their hard earned $ without really considering whether it was really value for money...)

Stuart Zadel is all about making you feel inadquate, or not a go getter if you do NOT sign up to the $6K courses. You were constantly bombarded with this approach from him......

Some of his conspiracy theories that he drops in here and there are a bit scary - not the theories (most if not all of them are rubbish), it is the fact he talks about them at all trying to give them credence !!!!

What really bugged me (apart from SZ) is all but one presenter (the only one not selling anything "at the seminar") spent 15 minutes or more going through the value of this, value of that, using a wide variety of "valuation" methodolgies, with no basis in fact (just what they think is the value, or want us to think is the value), to try and justify the cost of their course. It'd be better if they cut to the chase, listed what they were offering and then give the price - save us all 10 minutes of our lives....
which as i type that last bit, a lot of SZ comments and the presenters comments were about us not having time.... and there they were, wasting everyone's time....

I did enjoy Cherie Barber's talk and think some of the guidances, and checklists, Project Plan templates could be worthwhile and save a lot of learning on the job..... I thought her course and guides may be worth a few thousand $...

Dominque Grubisa's talk about Vestey Trust makes me want to look into that a bit more... but not pay $$$$$ to go to her seminars

If you are going to spend money on these stuff then I would suggest you look at Destiny (purely based on what I heard from other people).
Her seminar (free ones at the property expo) made more sense than anyone else's.

Industry insider

As an insider to this industry - sadly though most put their own interests before the people they work with that tarnishes the offering - be it a mentoring club, property group that sources the best deals etc. Property sales offer commissions, the amount is not a standard and can certainly affect the valuation of the asset. However, most organisations fail to offer investors the most important factor in any investment - Independence. Between Acquisition and Distribution, an investor should demand independent administration (just as is required for any listed stock or share on the ASX. An Independent Professional Research Paper, that considers all aspects the investor needs to know, Independent management of funds (10% deposit paid), Independent Contract Review (essential as this is what you are buying - not what you see) and the ability to fund the asset purchase. I have met with dozens of people who sign up to these programs - they get offered payment plans to join - how in the world are they going to invest in a property? Now that is when you realise that they really don't care!

It's worth it for the freebies and informative if you're new to the scene. Just control yourself, they know how to pump you up to run to the back.

Some short-lived-friends who I met there, dropped about $30k on packages (starts small, then there's the BUT-WAIT-THERE'S-MORE). After a while they just dropped off the radar, i'm assuming it's because everytime I asked how it was going it became blatantly obvious they hadn't made a cent with their new found MILLIONAIRE-KNOWLEDGE.

It's worth it for the freebies and informative if you're new to the scene. Just control yourself, they know how to pump you up to run to the back.

Some short-lived-friends who I met there, dropped about $30k on packages (starts small, then there's the BUT-WAIT-THERE'S-MORE). After a while they just dropped off the radar, i'm assuming it's because everytime I asked how it was going it became blatantly obvious they hadn't made a cent with their new found MILLIONAIRE-KNOWLEDGE.

I've got a friend still paying off a Henry Kaye loan from about 10 years ago! She never invested in one property but paid $15k for a course way back then.

I've got a friend still paying off a Henry Kaye loan from about 10 years ago! She never invested in one property but paid $15k for a course way back then.

sounds like a huge number of uni grads with hecs who will never work in the specific field they qualified in

ta
rolf

wtf!?!!?

I will admit that i atteneded his course, and paid it off in installments, but that was over 2 years or 3, but 10 years is amazingly bad

Hi

Has anyone been to Stuart Zadel 2 days seminar if so did you get much out of it.

Going to be in SA in June

Its free and he gives away a book from what i've read.

SG

Just hang around here and you'll learn more IMO. Find like minded people and be aware of the people you meet in seminars as they tend to be seminar junkies. Always going to seminars and end up doing nothing.

I do attend from time to time to find just to leave without finishing the event as the information tend to be repeated over and over as others have said.

If you can find some meeting groups organised by people in the industry (Accountants, Finance group, etc), it's probably better. Just watch out for the marketers ;-)

Stuart Zadel: Property Investor and Entrepreneur's Conference 16/17th Nov 2013

I went to the Stuart Zadel "Property Investor and Entrepreneur's Conference" in Melbourne on the 16th and 17th of November 2013. My take on it:

-> The main guy, Stuart, is a knowledgeable guy and great public speaker. IMO, he uses both psychology and NLP to try to make people feel inadequate in a subtle way and then brings up presenters who talk about what amazing offers they have to help alleviate this inadequecy and allow you to become a property millionaire. Essentially he is really a spruiker who poses as someone who is trying to help you and wants you to 'take action'.
All of this is masked by his objectives that he is trying to achieve:
? Inspiring 1000 new Prosperity Millionaires
? Educating 50,000 people live
? Distributing 1,000,000 copies of Stuart?s books
? Donating $1,000,000 to worthwhile causes
? Planting 1,000,000 trees in Australian soil

-> Over the two days some of the products you get are free, this includes his 2 latest books (The New Way to Make Money in Business and the New Way to Make Money in Property) and someone other motivational books and CD's.
-> He conducts these free seminars a couple of times a year and presents people to the stage and they then talk about their individual specialties e.g. development, renovation, asset protection (http://www.zadel.com/)
-> Clearly he gets a cut from all the presenters when the uneducated people sign up for their seminars
-> One of his presenters, Daniel Kertcher, talks about shares. I am not versed in shares so had little idea about the specifics. Basically he talks about CFD?s and trading on the S&P 500. It again involves paying a course fee (in the 1000?s of dollars) and being ?educated? about how to get up in the morning and places a few ?wagers? and then having your bank account increase. Sounds too good to be true and it most probably is. Again, amazing how many people ran to the bank to sign up.
-> Room of about 250 people and you encouraged to sit in a different seat each time and talk to as many people as possible. Most of the people I spoke to were 30+ and the bulk were in their 40?s and 50?s. Some had even been to these seminars before and had signed to courses previously. When I asked them their opinions they said most were not going as well as they hoped. Which was again quite funny for me, why keep coming back?
-> Activities at the start of each session e.g. getting up and speaking to those around you for a few minutes and asking what they are trying to achieve and are there for, another one involved high fiving the person next to you and then quoting something (which was usually weird) e.g "I'm a lover not a fighter"-> I thought it was strange..

My summary of it:
-> As many others have said, leave your wallets at home. The number of people I saw running to the back (where there are people waiting to sign you up was incredible). I had already heard many of these presenters before and had seen some of their material by visiting their individual sites. This can be all be obtained for free btw from their respective sites as they can send you a DVD in the mail
-> The interactions and atmosphere he creates is quite gripping and puts many people in a state of euphoria that plays on their emotions and makes them part with their hard earned money
-> Most amazing part is, these people have done no due diligence on any of these presenters but have parted with a minimum of $3k per presenter. I thought it was quite funny, but when grown adults get excited and emotional, have done no research/due diligence or comparisons, how are they going to succeed in the property investing world?

Overall
-> Take the two days and go for the experience, it is after all free (he claims the tickets are worth $497 haha) But do not sign up for anything. Anyone who is offering any sort of package for figures like $4997 or $3997 with bonsues for this and that and extra add on's is a spruiker..
I'm only in my mid-twenties but consider myself to be pretty educated in the property investment area and was amazed at how easily so many people were convinced that they were going to be millionaires just be signing up to these programs.
-> The most successful property investors/developers/renovators etc. are not the ones creating programs and selling them off. They go about their business and help close family and friends. If you are marketing yourself then there is a financial benefit in doing it, that outweighs the job itself-> Which is of course investing in property..

If anyone is considering going or has any questions about it, feel free to ask and I will be more than happy to share

Hey guys/girls,

I've been to the Zadel course for the 2 day event. The first time I listened only and was tempted to join a course but decided not too and thought about it for 3 months till they came around again. The second time I went and a purchased one course with the idea that if I get any tips from the course that save me $5k over the development then it will be ok. I believe I will save this money so it will be worth whiled but if it isn't something that I was thinking about before the course then I wouldn't have purchased it.

As I said above I got some ideas but I think I could have got the same information from a mentor and from reading more books. Its nice to have the details laid out in front of you but if you don't have the funds then there are books for $30-50 that you could buy that will give you most of the information. Of course I can't speak for all the presenters as I believe some are better than others.

Back