G'day Knuckleheads,

Uncle Knackers here again. Just whacked together a video showing how to remove a stubborn hinge pin as well as how to plane the bottom off your door just in case it's dragging on on the floor. Don't call in a tradie. Have a crack at it yourself.

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePOZTZWTI8g

If you find the video useful could you please thumbs up.

Cheers.:)

The more you unscrew them the less effective the screws are. Removing the pin is the quickest and easiest way, providing they are made to be removed.

Why not just unscrew the hinge off the door? I suppose removing pins helps if the hinge screws have been painted over...
If you can get the pin out that is by far the best way go. If you try and remove the entire hinge, especially if it's been there a while, you can nearly always guarantee that there will be one or two screws that you just can't remove so you're back to square one. Secondly, it's much easier to reinstall the door if all you have to do is line up the hinges.

You know I have never even tried to remove a door that way, I have always just taken the whole thing off. Guess I like to do things the complicated way. Which reminds me, I have a door to reattach!

If you can get the pin out that is by far the best way go. If you try and remove the entire hinge, especially if it's been there a while, you can nearly always guarantee that there will be one or two screws that you just can't remove so you're back to square one. Secondly, it's much easier to reinstall the door if all you have to do is line up the hinges.

I'll give it a crack next time. Thanks.

Back