Stuck on what to do :@

Hello everyone.

After browsing the community for a while i have decided to become a member :)

Now before i begin i will give you some details about myself;

I am from not so sunny England :(
I am 18 (a young one i know...)

Basically i am very interested in property investing but am stuck on what to do.
I don't have a huge cash saving - £3500 approx - but don't want to buy an expensive property to rent out so i wouldn't need a huge deposit.

The issue is if stocks would be a better option PLUS if i did buy a house to rent my parents would probably ask me to move out instead. ALSO to throw another problem in the equation my dad has come in today after having a meeting with a Financial adviser over the passed couple of weeks, and he is raving about buying to rent and has arranged to view lots of different properties all week.

Suggestions on what to do?

Go to the boozer, have some fun, go chase girls. Thats what i was doing at 18.

Oh, and educate yourself as well. Offer advise, but let your parents decide what they want to do. Maybe look at your parents friends and see which ones are doing well financially. Find out why.

What i found was, the ones who invested in property were the ones who were well off. Thats why I have invested in property too.

You are only young once.

Backpack around the world, have adventures, see as many things and places as you can.

You have many years ahead of you for mortgages and commitments.
Marg

WTTB Aaron.

Have you seen this board?
It's the UK version of Somersoft but with extra sub-forums like shares, ebay, forex and financials.
It might be more relevent for you.

http://www.singingpig.co.uk/forums/

Buy a property and rent it out, don't live in it.

Last edited:
ALSO to throw another problem in the equation my dad has come in today after having a meeting with a Financial adviser over the passed couple of weeks, and he is raving about buying to rent and has arranged to view lots of different properties all week.

Suggestions on what to do?

Go with your Dad and view and learn. My advice would be at least buy one property to rent out before you travel (if travel is what you want to do).

Two is better.

Your Dad can buy an IP and you can possibly buy one too. Strategy buy close together eg duplex.

Keep asking the questions

Sheryn

Back