Stupid****** Stole my phone!!!

:mad:
I was driving home from work tonight, when some women ran out in front of my car. I had to stop or run her over. She was hysterical and sobbing and covered in blood. I though she must have been in an accident or something. When I talk to her she tells me her boyfriend had just beaten her up and was now chasing her, and that he was going to get his ute and try to run her over. I see the guy she is talking about getting in his ute and agree to let her get in the car, I will drive her to the bus stop in Belconnen.

Well I drop he off at the bus stop start to drive off, realise the b#### has stolen my phone when she got out of the car, turn around tell her to give it back, she runs away with it. I wish she hadn't run. I would have loved to thump her myself. So from there I go down the street (one block away) to report this to the police - unfortunately there is only one cop in the station at the moment, all the rest have been called out. So frustrating because she is still just down the street.

So pee'd off and upset. Do someone a good deed and this is how it is repaid. Further this is my week old phone that I just got - haven't even set it up properly yet. DH rang 'Virgin' so they could stop the sim card working, but now I need to go and buy a new phone so we can use the contract we are signed up to. No, I didn't get insurance on my phone.

What's that saying? No good deed goes unpunished...

dh = dear husband

I am so sorry that someone could turn around and repay a good samaritan act with theft!! That is awful. I'm guessing that it wasn't premeditated but opportunistic? Either way it's still terrible. :(

A similar thing happened to me except as I was pulling out of my driveway. The guy was covered in bandages and said he'd just had a car accident. He asked for $10 to get a taxi to the hospital and told me he'd put the money in my letterbox the next day. I ended up telling him I didn't have any money. (I wouldn't own a car without electric windows and central locking). I guess you just have to think at least you are OK.

Was it an iPhone? If you have an iPhone, and a Mobile Me account, you can remotely brick your phone, making it useless and/or track it via GPS. Almost worth the $$$ for Mobile Me.

Oh, just read the story again instead of speed reading. That's out there! I would be extremely hesitant about letting anyone in my car though whatever the circumstances I would offer to call 000 and wait with her till police arrive.

I was driving home from work tonight, when some women ran out in front of my car. I had to stop or run her over. She was hysterical and sobbing and covered in blood. I though she must have been in an accident or something. When I talk to her she tells me her boyfriend had just beaten her up and was now chasing her, and that he was going to get his ute and try to run her over. I see the guy she is talking about getting in his ute and agree to let her get in the car, I will drive her to the bus stop in Belconnen.

Well I drop he off at the bus stop start to drive off, realise the b#### has stolen my phone when she got out of the car, turn around tell her to give it back, she runs away with it. I wish she hadn't run. I would have loved to thump her myself. So from there I go down the street (one block away) to report this to the police - unfortunately there is only one cop in the station at the moment, all the rest have been called out. So frustrating because she is still just down the street.

So pee'd off and upset. Do someone a good deed and this is how it is repaid. Further this is my week old phone that I just got - haven't even set it up properly yet. DH rang 'Virgin' so they could stop the sim card working, but now I need to go and buy a new phone so we can use the contract we are signed up to. No, I didn't get insurance on my phone.

What's that saying? No good deed goes unpunished...

Some people go through life generating these dramas for themselves. Probably not the 1st time she's been assaulted by a boyfriend and it wont be the last. The phone was a nice bonus for her . These are the sort of people who make horror stories when they are tenants.

Take some comfort from the sense of outrage she would have had when the service stopped, compounded by the fact that the phone is now useless leading to another hizzy fit, followed by another argument with the boyfriend (probably over child support as he is on compo doing cashie jobs) and the cycle repeats itself.

I live just up the hill from Belco and a month ago got burgled. Guy escaping from 20 cops still has the nerve to break into our place and then spends the
day loading up my flatmates car with as much as he can and drives off in
the car.

Still haven't found either the car or any of the items

annoying thing is still waiting for insurance to settle

in the heat of the moment, I can understand how something like that happens.

bummer that there are jerks around that do this stuff and spoil it for everyone else.

don't let it erode your faith in human nature.
98% of people wouldn't do this stuff.

If you've got the box or paperwork for your phone, it will have the IMEI number. You can request for your mobile to be bricked/blocked, by calling your provider... just gotta find another phone to make the call :D

When the beaten woman discovers that her new mobile is now useless, as cu@thetop said, she'll be angry at you Rugrat :mad:

She wouldn't be the first girl who calls the abusive boyfriend she's running away from, and tells him where to find her :confused: If you don't help that woman ever again Rugrat, then you're much smarter than some people.

Karma will return to bite

You did the "human thing" rugrat. As has been mentioned this "poor victim" will continue to attract these situations into her life and will manifest the self-fulfilling "cause and effect" paradigm.........she will find out one day what "karma" means. ;)

Was it an iPhone? If you have an iPhone, and a Mobile Me account, you can remotely brick your phone, making it useless and/or track it via GPS. Almost worth the $$$ for Mobile Me.

What is a Mobile Me account. I have an iPhone and am with Optus. Could I block my phone if it was stolen.

I have put a four digit password on the phone, and wonder how much that would slow up it being used if it was stolen.

And Rugrat, I think this low life has already had a bit of karma bite her on the a$$. She seems to be in a pretty bad cycle of life already.

but now I need to go and buy a new phone so we can use the contract we are signed up to. No, I didn't get insurance on my phone.

Rugrat, check your with your insurance policy/company - your phone is likely to be covered under your home and contents policy.

I can understand how you feel rugrat. The other day I had parked my car outside real estate agent office in valid car park spot for 10 min. while I collected the keys to apartment. On returning back saw a big scratch from front to back on the passenger side.

Not sure how much it's going to cost me to fix it. But it was very annoying when you try so hard to avoid unnecessary expenses just so that you can use every little extra bit saved for investing and someone else just ruins it in matter of minutes.

Cheers,
Oracle

She was hysterical and sobbing and covered in blood. I though she must have been in an accident or something.

I would have called 000 and waited with her maybe? If the boyfreind came after you and her only then get in car and drive away and then call 000.
It's easy to write all this sitting at my desk now but I guess when you are in the situation you can't think to clearly so hat off to you for actually helping which is what most people fail to do in the first place.

So frustrating because she is still just down the street.

Why wouldn't you just go and get your phone back if she is just down the street?

Someone who stands in front of your car so that you have no other option to stop is a forceful, intimadating action. I can understand that rugrat would have felt overpowered and would not want to approach this person again.

What is a Mobile Me account. I have an iPhone and am with Optus. Could I block my phone if it was stolen.

I have put a four digit password on the phone, and wonder how much that would slow up it being used if it was stolen.

And Rugrat, I think this low life has already had a bit of karma bite her on the a$$. She seems to be in a pretty bad cycle of life already.

If all you wanna do is block a mobile phone, as i was sayin, just ask your provider.

BTW, I don't think stealing a mobile from someone that's helped you, is good for karma!

Someone who stands in front of your car so that you have no other option to stop is a forceful, intimadating action. I can understand that rugrat would have felt overpowered and would not want to approach this person again.

Yes sorry I didnt read the post properly and assumed rugrat was a male.. totally understandable! I wouldn't want my wife chasing after a crazy woman either.

Andrew

Back