Stupid****** Stole my phone!!!

Yes sorry I didnt read the post properly and assumed rugrat was a male.. totally understandable! I wouldn't want my wife chasing after a crazy woman either.

Men should always chase after crazy women, especially those soaked in blood, and if there happens to be a crazy man trying to run her over, then he'd be next on the take down list of course.

The most important thing though, is to use super cool catch phrases, after taking down each and every bad guy.

Rugrat that is terrible.

It's easy enough to say what we would or wouldn't have done in that situation because hindsight is a wonderful thing, especially when emotions aren't in play.

Don't let it get to you Rugrat but it's a shame that incidents like these turn people against helping others that might necessarily really need help.:(:(

Regards JO

I would have called 000 and waited with her maybe? If the boyfreind came after you and her only then get in car and drive away and then call 000.

My mother had a woman jump in front of her car once to make her stop. She said someone was chasing her, although no one was in sight. She sounded really frantic and was desperate for mum to let her in her car. Mum didn't know what to do but didn't let her get in as you don't know what people are capable of these days especially with drugs. Mum offered to stay with her and call the police, but the woman didn't want that so mum figured it couldn't have been too bad. She noticed the woman get in another car. I know it sounds terrible and it's a real shame to not act on your instincts and help people but I think it's just too risky these days. I would probably just do what my mother did and offer to call the police but would never let a stranger get in my car.

It alls sounds terrible Rugrat, and to be honest, just the sort of thing that would happen to me...

Some people just go through life living like that woman. Hard to imagine really.

Frustrating with the police too.

I know everyone talks about karma etc. but it would just be better if it hadn't happened in the first place and you still had you're phone, right? :rolleyes:

I feel for ya.

The lack of respect some people have is just disgusting!

Good on you Rugrat for putting your trust in this woman, and remember what goes around comes around, you'll be helped and that ***** will probably run back to the stupid boyfriend just to get beaten up again and no one will help.

Frustrating with the police too.

I know everyone talks about karma etc. but it would just be better if it hadn't happened in the first place and you still had your phone, right? :rolleyes:

I agree, but things aren't always as they seem. There are some girls out there in these situations, that as terrible as it sounds, actually brought it upon themselves. We choose who we date, who we hang around, who we help, and we reap what we sow.

Police hate this sort of thing aswell, especially when they provide a restraining order through the courts, hide the girl in protective housing, then she calls the boyfriend to come pick her up and take her home.

If the girl calls the cops again next month reporting abuse, they basically tell her sorry, unless your life is in danger and/or you have serious injuries such as broken bones, not just a black eye or a bloody nose, then we can't help you. We're busy enough as it is helping people that haven't stuffed as around yet.

Reactions: BV
shoulda gone back and told the BF where she was - send her a message from him - "that dude told me where you were - you know, the one you stole the phone from?"

i like revenge games. is that a bad trait? it's fun, regardless.

Why not ring her, tell her that it will cost $100 to claim the phone on insurance so you will split the difference and give her $50 if she meets you at xxxx at 10 am tomorrow. Then arrange for the police to be there after the formal theft complaint has been made to them.

Hope she ran away with your fone...

and then......

whilst looking back.......

got ran over by truck and splat!

Serious, i like Karma, only when its applied 10 fold and capitalised upon.

On another note, everyone with an iphone should have MobileMe, it allows you to track down stolen iphones.

Just google "iphone mobileme thief" etc. to read up about how it's worked for people.

Edited to add: commiserations to rugrat though, just cannot fathom what's going through the minds of some people.

Last edited:
Well I am feeling much better now. The phone is useless to her, Virgin put a block on it last night so that it cannot be used at all. I now have a new phone (again) and am setting it up at the moment.

Just a couple of points. Firstly, I don't ordinarily let people (strangers) in my car. But the stretch of road we were on was nowhere close to anything (no buildings whatsoever - tuggeranong parkway). And I wasn't about to stick around on a dark road with some guy on a ute who thought it perfectly acceptable to beat up and attempt to run over women - nor would my conscience allow me to leave anyone in such obvious distress in such a dangerous situation. Also added to this, was the fact she had obviously been beaten and was half my size (I didn't feel any physical intimidation from her). I did take the precaution of moving my handbag where she could not access it - I just failed to realise my phone had fallen out.

Secondly, I was going to take her to either the hospital or the police station, but she was quite insistant to be let out at the bus stop which is located right next to the cop shop in Belconnen (I now know it was because she had pocketed my phone). I couldn't 'force' her to go to the police station.

Thirdly, I was not about to leave my car to chase her through the streets at 9 o'clock at night for the sake of a $200 phone. Not worth it.

Would I have done anything different? I damn well would have made sure I'd put my phone away, so there was no temptation for her to steal it. Otherwise.... I honestly don't know.... Hopefully I never have to find out. I am not really too sure what exactly I could have done differently and still had a clean conscience....

I'm sorry to hear what happened to you rugrat.

Did the police take a report?

If not then go to a major police station and report it. Hopefully you have enough information for them to pursue her and have her charged (through ID and possession of the phone).

You just never know, she could be on a good behaviour bond and this lands her straight in jail.

You might not get your phone back but it might just make you feel better.

if you believe in karma , as i do she will get hers , actually i believe in it so much i can break a smile already, just imagining what will happen to her.;)

Shick and awe sometimes works.

I know one lady who lost her bag when a garbage bin was thrown through her stopped car window next to Central Station Sydney. Then they reached in ang grabbed bag. Everyone was so shocked he got away.

Peter

Unfortunately, probably a scam. Did you actually see her bleeding, or just that she had blood on her?

Growing up in Queanbeyan during the recession introduced me to a number of these types of characters. The best thing to do in a seemingly tense situation is simply to call the cops and tell them there's a woman 'getting beaten up'.

despite this person being a total ***** ... i was very impressed and humbled by rugrat's initial actions of such a caring and empathic person.

she will get her karma eventually ... but so will rugrat, in a positve and lovely way.

despite this person being a total ***** ... i was very impressed and humbled by rugrat's initial actions of such a caring and empathic person.
True.
she will get her karma eventually ... but so will rugrat, in a positve and lovely way.
I hope so too, but I think this might just end up being another reminder to be very carefull of who you trust.

We've all heard stories about being having thier car stolen and being left stranded, or even killed, when they pulled over on a highway to help a mother & child with a broken down car - if you wanna help, call the racv for them.

I did help push a car, that was stuck with a flat on a highway the other day, but it was a very busy road. She didn't have a spare tyre, I dunno if she even had tools. Her flat tyre was completely shreded aswell! She must have been driving on a flat tyre for a while for that to happen :eek: It's very hard to push a car when one of the wheels isn't round, but just shreds of stiff steel lined rubber resisting movement. I wonder if she learnt to look after herself and her car better :confused:

Damn shame one has to think twice about helping someone out.:(
Sorry to hear about your troubles Rugrat. Good idea not to chase her over a phone as you say.

Back