Sub dividing Frankston north..HELP!!!

Hi all,
Im interested in sub dividing my large block in Frankston north. I have spoken to my brother-in-law(who frequently contributes to this forum) and he suggested that i get some feed back from you guys.

I bought in the "Pines" 8 years ago for under $100,000. I've renovated the house, knocking out 3 walls, new kitchen, bathroom......lovely, lovely. I have plans to move up to the northern N.S.W coast, but want to make the most of this property. So sub dividing to me seems to be the best option.

A. Is this something a person with no experience, who is very busy with work and has no skills WHAT SO EVER with this type of thing, able to do?

B. Does $7,800.00 sound like to much to pay a Property consultant/finance guy to get me through the first step of a Town Planning Permit??

I really just putting some feelers out , hoping to get some opinions, maybe some figures, any information that can help me make decisions on getting the most out of this property.

Any info will be appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Looking for Lennox

welcome

Hi Lookin', welcome to the forum.

Hanging out here is dangerous for your wealth!

First of all, you're among friends (even though we all have the odd spat). Have thick skin and keep on going.

In answer to your first post, there is definitely no problems in you doing what you are planning on doing.

You've got the mindset, you just need the courage to commit to the project and do it.

It is daunting, and there is a lot to learn, but it all starts with one step.

I don't know whether hiring someone to handle all the steps is the only way to go; there will be some very knowledgeable people here who will come forward with opinions and advice.

If you are totally overwhelmed by it all, then that is definitely a good step as all the hard work will be done for you. You are basically paying for that service, and that's ok too.

Take your time, take it all in and enjoy the ride.

Hey,
Thanks Bayview, just the encouragement i need to take that first daunting step. Most appreciated!!!!!

Hi Piston Broke,
This is the Proposal for professional services, Town Planning permit:
Site assesment, Title serches, Meetings, Neighbourhood description plan,Feature & level surveys, site context plan, Photographic character assessment, Res code report, Proposed dual occupancy plan, Ground floor plan, Shadow diagrams, Elevations, Landscape concepts, Application manager, Application for planning permit.
Total to town planning application: $7,800.00
$1,200.00 for additional dweling
$ 500.00 for a second storey
$2,500.00 Deposit, Balance opayable upon lodging of the application to council.

Additional costs-Application fee, advertising fee, landscape plan.
Poosible additional costs- Aborist report, traffic report, V Cat.
Thats basically the information given to me along with some info on residential 1 zoning.
Sound good? Bad? Ugly?

Cheers!!!! I feel like im on my way!!

Hi Len,

How did you find the company who provide this service for you ?

I'm looking for a company like that where I can pay someone to go through the hoops and get my IP property subdivided.

Like you I have no experience in subdivision and find the process quite intimidating (from reading through all the council documents). So I would love to find someone that I can pay for the service and handball it off to.

Yes. I'm also looking for this type of service depending on cost. Would local RE agents have pointers do you think?

Hi Len,

I believe you should get a second quote from builders. Most of them deal with local councils including having plans approved and so on. I received two quotes from builders on the cost of drawing up a plan for extension in the Blacktown area (Sydney) and having it approved by the council. It ranges anywhere from $2,500 to $5,000. However, non of the builders can guaranttee that initial plan will be approved, so there may extra fees for revisions.

Good luck.
Lei

I had help from a company who have handled everything with my subdivision, as my knowledge was zero too, and I have found it almost stress free because of it. (ok it hasnt been stress free but the stress has been with the hurdles I have faced, not having to deal with all of the little details has made it a lot easier).

The company I have dealt with is in Adelaide though and I had 2 friends who worked with them before when subdividing and they both recommended them to me, otherwise I would not have known even where to start.

Subdivision

Have you gotten a second or third quote? If your unsure who to call. Go to the Frankston council town planning desk (Which is located in the Civic Center on Davey St) and ask to see the registry of who has put in planning applications. There will be repeated names of the companies that are used most frequently. It's a good starting point.

Hope that helps
Amanda
Winning Formulas For Success

Back