Subdividing in Brisbane - Newbie

Hi All,

I was hoping to get some advice as to how to go about subdividing in Brisbane.

I'm a first timer and wanted to give it a go as I'm also looking for a place to live. So essentially what I'm hoping for is to find a house with land big enough to subdivide without knocking down the original house.

I've had a read through the brisbane city council website and their pages on subdivision but am still slightly confused on how to approach certain things.

I understand there are different zonings and at this stage will make it a point to avoid the DCP zones as probably not in my comfort zone as yet. What I'm not sure of is, if I buy a place, how do i know what shape the new block will be for subdividing(ie what sizes/shape) or is that what townplanners/surveyors/engineers etc are for?

To start then, should I be asking the REA's for plans of the current housing orientation/dimensions to then determine what's left over?

Thanks

I don't think you are going to get any serious answers here.

As a newbie of 3 months, anyone who comes on here wanting to develop kinda gets shot in the head.

People here who are experienced at developing, be it retain and build or duplex, triplex, whatever, are not going to give their tricks of the trade out to you.

No-one is going to tell you where to buy, or what to do, rather, the best you can hope for is that they point you in the right direction so you can access information for yourself and learn yourself.

If you are asking about how *do I know what block shape* a potential property is, then I fear for you.

RE agents are not going to give you any info, for a good development block, it will be sold well before you find it.

If you're struggling might be worth getting a BA (buyers agent) that has some agents on side to get access to these as Tulla mentioned devlopment blocks go pretty quickly espeically if its a simple retain and hold. Hopefully the BA will also a have a town planner that can ensure block it suitable.

Hi guys

Fair enough, doesn't sound like i'll get much luck here ;) oh well worth a shot! I wasn't really looking for a "where to buy", more so some basics. I'll give some people a call and see if I can work my way around it.

I'm seeing places come up for sale as a consequence of a subdivision so I guess there are ones out there that are for sale and can still be subdivided.

cheers

Hi All,

I was hoping to get some advice as to how to go about subdividing in Brisbane.

I'm a first timer and wanted to give it a go as I'm also looking for a place to live. So essentially what I'm hoping for is to find a house with land big enough to subdivide without knocking down the original house.

I've had a read through the brisbane city council website and their pages on subdivision but am still slightly confused on how to approach certain things.

I understand there are different zonings and at this stage will make it a point to avoid the DCP zones as probably not in my comfort zone as yet. What I'm not sure of is, if I buy a place, how do i know what shape the new block will be for subdividing(ie what sizes/shape) or is that what townplanners/surveyors/engineers etc are for?

To start then, should I be asking the REA's for plans of the current housing orientation/dimensions to then determine what's left over?

Thanks

My broThers Gf is a town planner, So I just send her what interests me and she can tell me what I can do w it- eventually you work out what to look for - create some sort of contact you can get advice from, could even be someone in the councill

Have a look at what's for sale on realestate.com and work backwards .

start with 800m2 lots with 20m frontage. find some addresses post on here and i will give feedback

Back