Subdivision and New Build - Virginia QLD

Could I ask how you disconnected electricity. Im trying to organise the same for my splitter project. Ive talked to energex about it and they said they cant do anything about it. It is all in the hands of the provider. I said that since i am not living in the place i do not have a provider. What happens when the Tennant leaves and i am ready to demolish. How do i then confirm if the electricity hands been disconnected prior to demolition seeing as there will be no providers to go through.

Disconnecting Electricity and Gas is almost always a nightmare and holds up the process. I have done this numerous times this year and it is always painful.

Yup mate, there is no planning or process you can follow really. If you are going to do it regularly, you just have to recognise it's going to be a b*&ch every single time.

I have found the best way is to call, and then call again a few days later to ensure it's in the system and has a schedule. I'm told if you don't have confirmation within a few days, something has gone wrong.

Disconnecting Electricity and Gas is almost always a nightmare and holds up the process. I have done this numerous times this year and it is always painful.

Our gas disconnection was quick and easy and they gave me a date...energex are being idiots and won't give me a date, just by the 12th of November...tell me that I have to just keep checking to see if its been disconnected...how hard would a simple phone call be to confirm its done.

But more progress today, as constructed valuations came back within the range we expected so will now apply for pre-approval for constructions.

As far as getting stuff done for getting ready to get plans sealed, have gotten provisioning letters for electricity and Telstra arranged. Have put in application for standard connections with urban utilities.

Just need to find someone for Stormwater Design and construction with plans certified by RPEQ (I've posted a spate thread asking for recommendations)

Ok a quick update:

Services all disconnected for demolition and extra council approval received to remove the house (due to storm water drain).

Urban utilities have already connected water and sewerage last week. House to be demolished this week.

Next step surveyor to come back out once the house is gone and then we can get the plans sealed and new titles issued.

Ok a quick update:

Services all disconnected for demolition and extra council approval received to remove the house (due to storm water drain).

Urban utilities have already connected water and sewerage last week. House to be demolished this week.

Next step surveyor to come back out once the house is gone and then we can get the plans sealed and new titles issued.

Letiha

Wondering if you could share some of your knowledge on the costs for your subdivision plans so far. Costs such as town planning, headworks, power provision, demolition etc etc

Last edited:
Letiha

Wondering if you could share some of your knowledge on the costs for your subdivision plans so far. Costs such as town planning, headworks, power provision, demolition etc etc

I'm also interested in the costs associated with doing a project like this.

I'm really looking forward to following your progress.

Sorry for the delay in responding, so we are about to have the plans sealed by council and are just finalizing so stuff for the build...Stormwater drain is causing some issues.

So here are our expenses so far:

Surveyor (Before DA) $1,980.00
Town Planners $2,626.80
Council Applciation Fee $3,200.00
Gas Abolishment $417.82
Water & Sewer connection $7,498.00 (had to connect from across the road)
Teltra/Energex provisioning $600.00
Demolition $18,980.00 (including asbestos & certifier fees )
Surveyor for sealed plan $3,980.00

Still to come.... about $500 ish dollars for council for plans being sealed and about $1000 for solicitors to have titles registered etc.

As far as interest goes, plus about 4 months of interest.

Great news we now have sealed plans!!! Hopefull we can get our building contract signed in the next 2 weeks and get moving!

Well done! I'm about two weeks behind you - my docs went to council for sealing yesterday.

Fingers crossed your build starts very soon :)

Well I had to read the riot act to my builder this afternoon, even going to head office, we keep getting given excuses.

We just need to go to contract ASAP as we are going overseas shortly.

Hi Letiha,

I'm guessing you didn't have to pay Council infrastructure charges for the split, as there are already two lots?

I know you don't have to for a traditional split on 2 lots, but thought the Widow block might be different.

Hi Everyone

Sorry for the delay in any updates as we have just gotten back from a month overseas.

Sealing the plans was quick and easy, however there was lots of stuffing around getting the bank to consent to the titles being issued, they would say they didn't receive stuff etc and it took over a month, I had to threaten to remove my business to get a response.

We also gave our builder the flick and ended up going to our plan B builder Fresh Homes who have been great and flexible and is costing us $20k less on each block.

Plans are currently in council and all finance approved for the build so hopefully we start building in the next 4 weeks.

Trying not to start looking for my next project.

What went wrong with the initial builder? We have also had a terrible time with the contracts process with them, even after 10 builds with them in the last 24 months. We feel the blame lies solely on the sales team, not head office, but unfortunately it has prompted us to move to Stylemaster.

The process with Stylemaster has been utterly fantastic with a direct line to both owners and their turn around has been amazing, even after having to modify plans significantly to allow us to build on 20*20 blocks with odd setbacks.

I'd be interested to hear your experience with Fresh Homes!

Cheers,

What went wrong with the initial builder? We have also had a terrible time with the contracts process with them, even after 10 builds with them in the last 24 months. We feel the blame lies solely on the sales team, not head office, but unfortunately it has prompted us to move to Stylemaster.

The process with Stylemaster has been utterly fantastic with a direct line to both owners and their turn around has been amazing, even after having to modify plans significantly to allow us to build on 20*20 blocks with odd setbacks.

I'd be interested to hear your experience with Fresh Homes!

Cheers,

I have previously built with Stylemaster and would recommend them, we dealt with Ainsley who has been there for many years.

The issues we had were pre-contract documents not being sent to us in the time frame that was agreed to in the initial deposit, no response when we followed it up and this happened multiple times.

Extra costs being added in from the initial pricing, I'm talking about $5000 for a traffic management plan on a wide quiet street, even our sales consultant was shocked but they would not budge. And any change seemed to add a lot, in fact Hallmark ended up being $20k dearer than freshomes.

Our plan for one of the blocks needed amending due to the storm water drain, Hallmarks solution was to shrink the house...it looked ridiculous, a 2 meter media room (i'm not even joking")

Our plans are with the certifier at the moment so hopefully we can start building soon.

I was getting stuffed around by Hallmark too re timeframes and trying to add more costs without me realusing. While not great for you in stretching out the timeframe, I feel a bit better that my early bad vibes on them had merit.

Just another update before the forum gets archived, plans are with the certifiers/council at the moment, so hopefully constructions will start in a few weeks.

We have looked at recent similar sales in the area and are quiet happy with out CG on paper, looking forward to having them built and tenants in so we can move onto the next project.

See you all in the new forum.

Letiha copy a link to this SS thread over to PC and continue the conversation. I'm interested to follow the journey.

Back