Subdivision Costs

Hi All,

Can anyone please advise me where I can get an estimate of all the taxes and costs other than interest involved in subdividing a block of land?

I believe the costs are Infrastructure charges, State & Local govt taxes and Environmentental levies such as Basix? am i missing anything ??

i dont think that you can get an exact cost in regards to dividing a block. For example the one im doing at the moment has a massive brick garage on the back of it, that is costing me a heap to remove. The vegitation scrape the sewerage connection and serveyor costss are also things you need to factor in before you get startted, just to name a few.

there are numerous threads on this topic in the "adding value" section - have a search first. but gt is right. we've done two subdivisions, and a third is in a very long pipeline. first needed nothing but surveyor, council and lands titles office expenses, so came in around a couple of thousand (this was 10 years ago). second need sewer, electricity and water all reconfigured and extended, plus the above expenses, so came in around $30,000 (5 years ago). the third need major sewer work to extend the main line onto the block, so we're looking at around $40,000+ - which is not viable for us at the moment, and the two houses are good little renters which we don't intend to sell in the forseeable future, so we'll wait to see what happens to prices over the next 5 years.

Back