Subdivision

W

WebBoard

Hi
I have a question about investing in a subdivision. In my home town there is a big new subdivision starting up, currently it is in stage 2. I was wondering if it is possible to make money from buying some land then selling it later on or building an IP or buying a spec home and renting it out? I think i can afford any one of these as the prices a fairly low but in an area about to go boom. What should i do?

www.wellingtonestates.com.au

Thanks for any advice...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

DB,

Initial suggestion is that this post is in the wrong conference. Try re-posting it in PIF where more people are likely to read and respond.

I guess like any investment, if you think it's going up, and you're looking for cap growth, then go for it. What are stgae 2 prices like compared to Stage 1, and how long ago did stage 1 release and how quickly did it sell. Have any stage 1 plots already been on-sold, and if so at what price vs purchase price?

We've recently bought on a subdivision and are now building (and learning a lot as we go) but I'm confident that we'll do well, much better than buying already built houses later.

Cheers,

T

Last edited by a moderator:
Back