Subdivison optimisation - WA

This has been answered elsewhere but I need more detail on this.

Surely to do the subdivision calculation of 10,000 (1acre) divide by the R-code to get the minimum dwelling size is only a ball pack figure.

If you need to take into account the specifications for min % open space, parking lots, min outdoor living area, minimum setback for primary & secondary streets and other, minmum frontage and minimum lot area (including if battleaxe) then surely the calculation needs to be more involved.

Without to go to an architect everytime is there a subdivison R-code optimisation calculator available that allows you to enter these parameters and the lot title information that can spit out the answers.

Regards

This has been answered elsewhere but I need more detail on this.

Surely to do the subdivision calculation of 10,000 (1acre) divide by the R-code to get the minimum dwelling size is only a ball pack figure.

If you need to take into account the specifications for min % open space, parking lots, min outdoor living area, minimum setback for primary & secondary streets and other, minmum frontage and minimum lot area (including if battleaxe) then surely the calculation needs to be more involved.

Without to go to an architect everytime is there a subdivison R-code optimisation calculator available that allows you to enter these parameters and the lot title information that can spit out the answers.

Regards

it's really simple.

you call zero four two three nine seven two three five nine - anytime between 8 and 6 - and provide your details, along with an email address and voila! one yield plan in PDF or JPG.

alternatively, you can call the above number and it can be explained in more detail than available here.

basically - if someone tells you an 1100sqm site at R40 is a 5 unit site, they're dreaming.

yes, 1100 ÷ 220 = 5.

you need 4m of common property to serve those dwellings, so take this off your total block width.

example - 20.12m wide block (at 1100sqm is 54.7m deep), minus 4m, leaves 16.12m.

you will need a slightly larger front lot due to the standard street setbacks, so allow 210 minimum instead of 200.

so 210 ÷ 16.12 = 13.03m

so we have one front block @ 13.03m deep, and the rest can be 200sqm in size thanks to the reduced communal access setbacks.

so 200 ÷ 16.12 = 12.41.

our block is 54.7m deep, so minus 13.03, minus 12.41 leaves 29.26m.

you aren't getting another 3 lots inside 29.26m - they'd be 160sqm exclusive each, and you need 200.

so there's only 2 lots left inside the remainder after CP.

2 + 2 = 4.

this is where a lot of people get stung when buying devvy blocks. they pay for 5 lots, and end up with 4 - you just dollar cost averaged UP....:eek:

or for a real layman like myself ... take total block size and divide by number of units technically allowed - ie, on i'm looking at now:

640m2 / 140 = 4.57 units

okay - so technically i can get 4 units on.

then take of side drive at 2m the entire length of block (total 100m2 - has rear lane access so don't need turn circles). remove setback of 3.5m (current footprint - total 44) ... block size now 496m2

individual building site size now 124m2

take off minimum courtyard size for each unit at 25m2 = 99m2 ... still feasible.

take off single garage size for each unit at 20m2 = 79m2 of downstairs living space ... still feasible as will go double story.

building width available after driveway is now 11m - need 1 minimum outside space of 4x4m ... will put this behind garage .

i believe this one is a go-er for 4 townhouses and will now run up some sketches to confirm.

arrange finance before going to auction ... feasibility now in question.:eek:

Back