Suburb Growth Rates

W

WebBoard

Hi All
Is anyone familiar with internet sites, or the like, that show current and historical capital growth rates (Houses and Units)for actual listed suburbs in the capital cities(mainly Brisbane interests me)
John H

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hello John H,

Why the anonymous post? Not objecting just curious.

Reply: 1.1

try www.residex.com.au or the home price guide (on the domain site)
Cheers, Jacque :)

Reply: 1.1.1

John
For those interested in Victoria, the Real Estate Institute web sit www.reiv.com.au gives historical data for median prices by suburb as well as graphs which allow you to compare one suburb against another.
Unfortunately the Queensland Institute does not provide this service.
Michael Yardney
Metropole Properties

Reply: 1.1.1.1

For those interested in Western Australia the site is www.reiwa.com.au.

Miranda

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

There is some info on the Qld real estate institute web site (www.reiq.com.au). I think its under "community profiles".

Gail

Reply: 1.1.1.1.2

On 3/23/02 4:53:00 PM, Brian Rich wrote:
>For those interested in
>Western Australia the site is
>www.reiwa.com.au.
>
>Miranda

Brian,

Also available is www.aussiehome.com and click on suburb prices. It allows you to do a suburb comparison on the same chart of up to 5 suburbs at any one time. Both in suburb median prices & also % cap growths.

Happy Investing,
Rixter :)

Reply: 1.1.1.1.2.1

John

The only thing that I'd be wary about is the use of median prices for a suburb. Sometimes they are an accurate guide but for other suburbs they aren't accurate at all. This is due to the disparity of properties ranging from the $100k to the $1 mil in the one suburb. Some extreme examples are look at the median prices for Frankston or Dandenong in the REIV. The graph looks more like a share price graph than a property price graph. Obviously the median price is deviating wildly rather than property prices in the suburb.

Just some thoughts

Kevin

Back