Successful investors who never bought in Sydney. Are there any?

Hi

Hi,

Define success? I think we will all have different views on what It means :)

I have done very well and never have bought a property in Sydney.

Like anything in life there are people who are successful and there are people who are not simple as that :)

In recent "state of the states", the qld economy ranked 5th behind NSW, NT, WA and VIC.

They rank 7th in unemployment levels and 6th in population growth so nbt good signs, but I guess in saying that QLD doesn't represent Brisbane.. Would love to find this report for cities specifially..

It's not in a recession but it will pick up, especially if our dollar drops and tourism picks up..A decade ago the three big cities were Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane.. I think Brisbane has lost it's spot to Perth unfortunately..

This is the report if anyone is wondering what I'm talking about.

https://www.commsec.com.au/stateofstates

Good report!

Okay I'll take the bait, this thread is a little like saying I have just discovered how to walk across the room its great can anyone else Walk across their's?

I can tell you it wasn't much fun holding property in Sydney between 2003-2013. There was some upward movement but it wasn't stellar by any means.

During that time though I saw people do very well out of Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth.

And during that time places like Walgett and Brewarrina also left Sydney for dead.

Now put your hand up if you know where Brewarrina is!

RC

Back