such a thing as a bad investment ?

hi,

i have been looking at some units (relatively new, 4 yrs old) in homebush west and wondering whether there can be such a thing as a bad investment even if you can buy below market value ?
specifically some units i looked at, are worth less now than 4 years ago. Is that because they were purchased brand new and hence have depreciated or that because they were purchased in the boom and hence now price is still below that peak value ?
or maybe that this area is oversupplied with units or is somewhat undesirable and hence will not rise much ?
I think the fundamentals of homebush west are good in that it has a central location, easy access to shops and rail, but abit unsure on capital growth.

i have been looking at some units (relatively new, 4 yrs old) in homebush west and wondering whether there can be such a thing as a bad investment even if you can buy below market value ?
Yes, but perhaps only if the market tanks.

specifically some units i looked at, are worth less now than 4 years ago. Is that because they were purchased brand new and hence have depreciated
Yes

or that because they were purchased in the boom and hence now price is still below that peak value ?
Yes

or maybe that this area is oversupplied with units .... and hence will not rise much ?
Yes

I think the fundamentals of homebush west are good in that it has a central location, easy access to shops and rail, but abit unsure on capital growth.
OK long term. Plenty of supply leading to not much CG short term perhaps?

Back