Suggested insurance providers?

Hi all

I"m looking to establish insurance for my wife and my recently purchased PPOR (we settle mid Jan) in Port Melbourne.

It's a 1870s single fronted victorian in very original condition. One question insurers are asking is whether it has been rewired recently. Access to the property is difficult (and will be until we settle), so I'm unable to tell and the people who undertook the building inspection did not comment on wiring. I'm therefore having to work on the assumption that it hasn't been rewired. This being the case, any suggestions for a insurance provider who does not require that the property has been rewired recently?

Jom

Hi Jom, you really should use a (good) broker for your insurance. Much the same as it's best to use a mortgage broker for your loans.

Your premiums will not be higher than had you done it yourself and a good broker will get you a policy that is suitable for your situation.

Hi all

I"m looking to establish insurance for my wife and my recently purchased PPOR (we settle mid Jan) in Port Melbourne.

It's a 1870s single fronted victorian in very original condition. One question insurers are asking is whether it has been rewired recently. Access to the property is difficult (and will be until we settle), so I'm unable to tell and the people who undertook the building inspection did not comment on wiring. I'm therefore having to work on the assumption that it hasn't been rewired. This being the case, any suggestions for a insurance provider who does not require that the property has been rewired recently?

Jom

Hi Jom
I use Ausbrokers Countrywide, give Gary Decru a call on 0411 851 917 (tell him I sent you), he is based in Surrey Hills VIC, but I am sure you can start by phone and get comfortable. My firm uses them as they are 'brokers' (technically not allowed to call them that) but no ridiculous comms and best interest is always a priority).

Cheers, Ivan

Hi Jom, I also have a referral for you.

His name is Byron McPherson from Reliance Partners. He did my business insurance for me and got me an incredible deal (about 30% lower premium than the closest option). I have referred at least half a dozen others to him, all of whom have been happy with the service.

I just spoke to him and he confirmed that they do home insurance as well, so feel free to contact him.

His contact details are:
M: 0488 080 065
E: [email protected]

If you speak to him, let him know Mark @ Roosevelt Financial Consultants referred you.

Back