Suggestions in QLD for newby investor?

Hi all,
Stumbled across this forum whilst researching - and it is great! so much info from people who have done it all before. Best people to learn from in my opinion!
So any help/advice would be greatly appreciated - as I am new to investing, and don't want to stuff it up the first time :confused:

I am a looking to purchase a townhouse in Woodridge, QLD or maybe even in Redbank Plains QLD as a safe 1st investment - and only marginally negative cash flow (according to my maths skills). I also have a small budget of up to $210,000. I have $18,000 in savings. I am single with 2 x kids. Salary $63000/pa.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback on my suburb choices...or suggestions of other areas safe for a first timer within my price range.

Any thoughts on Beenleigh? Eagleby? Nerang? I would like to stick to the SE QLD area, as I grew up here - and according to my research I could still find a good deal...but not for long, am I on the right track?

Also what is the general thought on house vs townhouse for 1st time investor like me? I am thinking town house in this price bracket, low maintenance etc.

I have many questions, but will leave it there for now... I would really appreciate any thoughts, advice, or words of wisdom :) thanks in advance!

Back