Suggestions in what to do pls

Perp, out of interest what sort of cost is involved in having a lawyer look over a building contract?
For a standard contract with little by way of specifications, maybe $500; for a custom build with non-standard payment schedules and hefty specifications, more like $1,000.

Several people seem to confuse "knowing the legal landscape" and "taking legal action". I wouldn't remotely suggest legal action is appropriate at this stage, but I don't think you can begin to negotiate a commercial outcome without knowing how legal action would be likely to play out, because the large builder is almost certainly going to know that and will negotiate with that in mind.

If you know that you have a strong case that is likely to succeed, even if you never want to take legal action, you can be much more aggressive in negotiating. If you don't have a legal leg to stand on, then you're likely to just be perceived as a joke if you start making demands.

This is very sound advice

update

After some discussions and site meetings we have agreed to changes to the attics to make the rooms heights better although still poorly designed. Looks like architects fault in the main. The builder has been helpful although i wish they had told me about the attics before finishing the roofs.

The main changes are to increase the height and size of the domer windows. A bit of a hassle considering the roof has been finished.

Waiting for the builders estimate of costs to make the changes

Back