Suing for Unjust Enrichment?

Hi Cecilia

I hope you are aware that you can now find this post on google by looking up unfair enrichment and your name.

Maybe you might want to delete this post as you certainly don't want your plaintiff to find you discussing the details.

Cheers

If the only cause of action is unjust enrichment it is a dog of a case ( unless you have done something really dumb). Your lawyer should be asking for security for costs straight off the bat.

And get your lease contract cleaned up its not good enough.

dog of a case, as in messy?

Hi Cecilia

I hope you are aware that you can now find this post on google by looking up unfair enrichment and your name.

Maybe you might want to delete this post as you certainly don't want your plaintiff to find you discussing the details.

Cheers

How can I change my nickname?

Hi Cecilia

Cheers

WOW! No 1 google result. There are people who pay thousands of dollars to search optimizers to get that sort of result. You did it for free.

No wonder Somersoft was so popular with the type A spruiking brigade. Whatever happened to her anyway?

PS- Has a Certificate been signed off ( Classification or Electrical safety) and a copy given to you?

dog of a case, as in messy?

All cases are messy. That's the nature of law suits (and humans). As in a dog with fleas eg not very good.

If the best you can come up with is an action in equity generally speaking you are grasping at straws. Your mileage may vary.

WOW! No 1 google result. There are people who pay thousands of dollars to search optimizers to get that sort of result. You did it for free.

No wonder Somersoft was so popular with the type A spruiking brigade. Whatever happened to her anyway?

PS- Has a Certificate been signed off ( Classification or Electrical safety) and a copy given to you?

No, none at all.

eh, to the last paragraph?

Ahem....boomtown is talking about your 'cause of action' - i.e. where you get the right to sue. Unjust enrichment is rooted in equity, not in common law. Although some argue it is just something made up and has no place in either.

Ahem....boomtown is talking about your 'cause of action' - i.e. where you get the right to sue. Unjust enrichment is rooted in equity, not in common law. Although some argue it is just something made up and has no place in either.

Umm I am not the plaintiff...sorry, need someone to explain in clear English what this all means or is intended to mean???

Umm I am not the plaintiff...sorry, need someone to explain in clear English what this all means or is intended to mean???

In other words if all the plaintiff can come up with is an unjust enrichment argument then they pretty much have nothing to stand on and their case is weak.

Cecilia, who's name appears on the invoice? If your name is on it, follow the dispute procedures under the security of payments legislation. There are strict timeliness to be followed or you may have one less leg to stand on.

Irrespective of what's in the lease as to which party was responsible for the costs of the fitout, i read Cecilia's post to be that the tenant is saying that the owners did approve the fitout and costs of the electrician. Cecilia is saying that they did not.

Cecilia, just because the tenant arranged for the electrician herself, and it maybe their name on the works contract is not the end of the story. The tenant i assume is saying that you authorised her to undertake the work, and that she was just acting on your authority when she arranged everything.

Essentially the tenant to win against you needs to prove that 1. you were enriched (i.e. your property is now worth more), 2. that worth enrichment was at her expense, 3. and that it is unjust for you to receive that benefit at her expense.

I think that as long as you can prove that nothing you did caused her to act in a particular manner then you should be ok. Obviously you need to document all conversations exactly how they occurred, eg "i said, she said".

Good luck

Back