Sunbury Vic, buying a PPOR

Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone lived at Sunbury before and knows which areas are good and bad. I know that Goonawarra for example is not the best but around racecourse drive is better... I also have friends who live their and i've been to Sunbury many many times before and it never felt bogany as many claim it is.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Hi Paul,

I have lived in Sunbury and I like it. There are some pretty new estates around. Anything north of Elizabeth Ave is pretty good. The new estate out past Melba Ave is nice as well. I would avoid Ashfield, Goonawarra and anything too close to Elizabeth Drive or the high schools.

It depends on you're budget and what kind of place you like. I grew up there and still have a lot of ties to the area. This is my 2c.

"Sherwood" - The estate to the east of Racecourse Rd, centred on Yellowgum Blvd. Was the "posh" estate when new, the houses tend to be bigger. A pretty decent area.

"Gumtree Hills" - Bounded by Riddell Rd, Racecourse Rd & Elizabeth Dve. Decent area, with 70s/80s houses, though does have some shabbier areas. Decent Primary school (Kismet Park).

"Kismet Park" 80s Estate centred on Aldridge Dve. Decent area similar to Kismet Park. Downhill from what it used to be, but still an area with minimal issues. Close to Spavin Dve lake which is definitely a plus.

"Canterbury Hills" Further out Riddell Rd, 00s estate centred on Canterbury Ave. Decent area with bigger, newer houses on smaller blocks. Steep hills, and not many trees.

"Killara" Decent area, 90s estate, centred on Phillip Dve near Riddell Rd. Decent Primary School and another area with minimal issues.

"Strathearn Glen" Another decent area, very similar to Killara but slightly older and closer to town.

"Jacksons Hill" Newer area from the last 10ish years south of Shields St. Still vacant blocks around though at the pricier end of Sunbury real estate. Decent area.

"Emu Bottom" Area at the northern end of Racecourse Rd. Large blocks and houses. Decent area but not as central and no bus service.

Avoid Goonawarra and the area south of Reservoir Rd and East of the town centre. The further you get out towards Boardman Reserve the worse it gets. The schools in these areas tend to be a bit rougher in keeping with a lower socio-economic area.

Anyway, that's my opinion of the way it is. Sorry if I have offended any people that live in those areas. Let me know if you want any clarification.

BN6

Thanks very much Prop and BN6, very much appreciated :)

@Jonesy, spotted a few nice properties around Strathearn Glen and will be inspecting this weekend onwards. Pretty much have my mind set on the areas North of Reservoir road and Elizabeth Drive as they all seem pretty nice and pretty good value too.

Cheers and thanks again guys.

Back