Suncorp putting up fixed rates tomorrow!

General info for everyone:

Effective Thursday 20th August, 2009, Suncorp are changing their fixed rates for home lending.
1 year fixed intro 5.59%
1 year fixed 5.69%
2 year fixed 6.39%
3 year fixed 6.99%
5 year fixed 7.74%
1 year fixed interest in advance 5.54%
3 year fixed interest in advance 6.84%
5 year fixed interest in advance 7.59%
You must call you banker or broker today if you wish to lock in your rate at the old rates.

Regards,

FS

not at anything close to thsoe rates.

is it really as simple as a phone call tho? I was talking to my ANZ rep and I raised the matter of fixing my variable rate and she started going on about producing my latest tax returns and re-assessing the LVR at which point I said forget it I was just asking the question

Hiya Aus

Thats because i many cases, ANZ see an IO var to IO fixed conversion not as a switch, but as a credit critical app needing new review.

Learnt that one the hard way.

ta
rolf

CBA have asked for this from me (BAS statements etc) ...when seeking to change a lo doc line of credit to a fixed rate loan. The process with a lot of lenders (any loan change) often manages to confuse/confound me and I nearly always end up paying more mortage insurance.

Have a 186k home loan with CBA which was easy to fix from varaible rate. On top of that (secured over same property) have a 310 k lo doc loc. I wanted to fix 300k of that and keep 10 k variable loc. CBA want BAS statements/tax returns. All too difficult...so have stayed variable for 310k.

Back