Sunday Age Property Article - Vacancies Rising...

W

WebBoard

Hi all,
Just thought I'd draw your attention to an article in today's Sunday Age in the Property Section about Vacancies rising due to increased buyer demand thanks to the FHOG and low interest rates. Just wondered what people thought about it - and if people think that interest rates will stay fairly stable now for a long while and the effect this will have on the renter pool...
Liz

Last edited by a moderator:
Vacancies Rising... And free rent periods

Reply: 1

I for one am liking the high vacancy rates that are now both existing in Sydney and Melbourne.

Sydney landlords are now offering weeks of free rent to entice you into moving in. The best deal I've heard of is a 6 week free period on a 6 month lease. Now that is a large discount....

My thoughts are that the current interest rates and FHOG are taking a large effect on the industry of Investment Property.

So my question to every one is where will all high vacancy rates and rent free periods lead to?

I have my thoughts on it but would like to hear others.

Cheers
Robert

Vacancies Rising... And free rent periods

Reply: 1.1

I have a unit that was vacant for only 4 days last week. New people moved in on Friday.

Alex

Reply: 2

I read the article and this piece of journalism needs to be read ignoring the headline. As stated in the article properties that were predominantly vacant were older tired (ie un-renovated), which an investor should remedy, as they also stated that the renters were more discerning in what they demanded. Bottom line if you buy tired, renovate to market tastes and include a/c dishwasher etc then you wont have a problem with vacancy. As taught by many make your property unique/attractive and people will want to live in it, their is always plenty of average to shabby place's around too make yours look exceptional.

Reply: 2.1

Also have a house that was not vacant at all, the new people moved in as the old people were moving out.

Alex

Back