Super funds

My hubby has retired but we don't want to touch his Super at this stage.
He needs to roll it over into another fund.

Does anyone have recommendations as to a great fund? I will start researching tonight but thought people here may have some experience with different funds. I'm with First State Super so will look at them.

He's over 60 so we could take the money but don'ty need to. Most of my loans are fixed so can't put the money there. The ones that arent fixed we are selling so we will have excess funds from those. Oh the problem of having too much cash!:rolleyes:

Thanks.

Does anyone have recommendations as to a great fund? I will start researching tonight but thought people here may have some experience with different funds. I'm with First State Super so will look at them.

He's over 60 so we could take the money but don'ty need to. Most of my loans are fixed so can't put the money there. The ones that arent fixed we are selling so we will have excess funds from those. Oh the problem of having too much cash!:rolleyes:

Thanks.

Hi there,

I'm a SMSF administrator, so you will guess that I will say take control of your super and start an SMSF :eek: At your age, there are great options, with the right advice, there are significant tax advantages. Best to obtain professional advice.

Otherwise, you can do a search on the industry and retail funds for returns.

Please look at returns over the last 3-5 years, rather than 10 years where returns have been 'smoothed'. A number of the industry funds rebounded last year I believe the average return was around 14%, however, made zilch in the last 5 years.

Hope that helps!

Cheers, Ivan

Travelbug

I would look at a fund like Australian Super or Hesta...both industry funds.

One way to preserve some of cash and pay minimise tax is to transition to retirement.....talk to a financial planner. I believe Australian Super offers people who can advise on super at very reasonable rates.

Remember mone in super can be drawn tax free..so when selling properties try to put some there. I believe you cans still put about $450k over 3 years into super.

Thanks.

Thanks Ivan. We aren't interested in SMSF. My hubby doesn't have much in there. Thanks for the tip on researching funds.

Thanks Sash. I looked at transition to retirement for myself as I'm part-time now. We don't want any money out at this stage so happy to just roll it over.

I didn't think of putting money from the sales into Super. Thanks. I was working out what to do with the extra cash.

cheers,
Lynne

Back