Superannuation is a killing my libido!

I always knew there was something going on, but somehow, I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Thankfully, an e newslwetter I received from the guys at "All Things Considered", has made me aware of the incidious nature of Superannuation.

Here is this groung breaking news.

"1. Should Super Be Disbanded? - Tony Negline Tony Negline may be contacted by email - [email protected]

Two academics - Rami Hanegbi and Professor Mirko Bagaric -- based at Deakin University's Law School believe that superannuation as we know it should be disbanded.

They also claim that super helps to reduce the fertility rate because it reduces people's wages. "

I don't remember studying this when doing my Diploma of Financial Planning.:(

GarryK

Garry K said:
Two academics - Rami Hanegbi and Professor Mirko Bagaric -- based at Deakin University's Law School believe that superannuation as we know it should be disbanded.

They also claim that super helps to reduce the fertility rate because it reduces people's wages. "

But that doesn't explain why the fertility rate is higest in the poorest countries on earth and lowest in the richest countries.

Peter

Spiderman said:
But that doesn't explain why the fertility rate is higest in the poorest countries on earth and lowest in the richest countries.

Peter

Sure it does Spides. The poorest people have plenty of time to breed like rabbits , where as the richests are always too busy working and then return home too tired to be doing anything else :eek: :D

I would also theorise that the poorer people are actually happier as they have more of a sense of family and community than those of us in the 'richer nations'.

As always there are many types of wealth, perhaps the financially poor nations are actually the 'rich nations' rather than the other way around.

Something to think about anyhow...

Maybe the are saying - if you took home more pay, you may consider having more children. If you get an extra 13% income, you may have the extra child instead of just the two.

My parents had 3 kids. I have two and probably earn more than my parents did at my age. Yet we have stopped at two.

Man, I cant believe an academic think like that
Super is a good force saving for people on low salary so they have something
to hang on to in their retirement age.
If you dont have that sort of force saving most low income people would blow it after each pay cheque.
It's a similar idea to owning a home, it may not be the best investment but it's a working force saving scheme for alot of people.
and at the end of the day having something save up is better than nothing

Forced superannuation is a relatively new thing DCA. The world has been turning for a long time without it, it would continue if it stopped today.

There have always been poor people who blew everything. Historically they never really expected much when they retired - just to be around their families and play with the grand-kiddies. Retirement is a new concept also...

Superannuation will only fund a paupers existence for most people. Scrapping it would mean that most people live a paupers existence in their retirement, whats the difference?

TB

Something Peter Spann mentioned at the Melbourne presentation which I hadn't really thought about before - Superannuation offers an extraordinary level of asset protection.

Cheers,

The Y-man

The Y-man said:
Something Peter Spann mentioned at the Melbourne presentation which I hadn't really thought about before - Superannuation offers an extraordinary level of asset protection.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Particularly for the govt.

DCA said:
Man, I cant believe an academic think like that

That is what most academics do....think about worthless ideas ...if they actually had usable skills they would be in the workforce earning 10x what they get paid writing pointless papers that nobody bothers to read.

nat r said:
That is what most academics do....think about worthless ideas ...if they actually had usable skills they would be in the workforce earning 10x what they get paid writing pointless papers that nobody bothers to read.

Ummm.... you'd actually be surprised what they pay for the pointless papers. Even better if they get used as "compulsory" text in a lecture series :)

Cheers,

The Y-man

Back