Surat Basin region

Hi Regrow,

used CBA , finance just came in a month ago so haven't stated building yet. Waiting for council etc.

Cheers

I'm just running through a few ideas at the moment. We have 2 older properties in Dalby and I'm currently completing a subdivision on one of the larger blocks. Just working out whether to go new exec house or move an older house onto the block. Seem to be a lot of stock available with house removal companies currently.

Icarus, I guess it will depend what type of home will "fit in" (stylewise) next to the original house and what the surrounding homes are like. Which one do you favour?

Frizzle

Good input Gravos.

Things are not always so rosy as pictured on magazine covers screaming rental shortage or influx of workers into an area when a project kicks off. Need to have a minimum CRR (Cash Reserve Ratio) floating in the bank account to cover the rental shortfalls. This could arise either through over estimation of the rent or the rental period itself.

Totally agree, GC. Those rose coloured glass pictures come from all directions and it certainly pays off to do a little asking for a true local input, if you can get it.

Frizzle

Found out about the operations HQ from an mate involved in shopping centre developments. They did the one beside Myall Ck and have the option to build the 2nd one that's been proposed for the town.

Interesting to hear this, Icarus, for from what I can see doing my excursions out that way, the 3 year old Big W shopping centre still has several empty shops on the main street side ... and they have been that way since its opening. Maybe the rental income asked is a bit high!!!

Frizzle

Interesting to hear this, Icarus, for from what I can see doing my excursions out that way, the 3 year old Big W shopping centre still has several empty shops on the main street side ... and they have been that way since its opening. Maybe the rental income asked is a bit high!!!

Frizzle

If it was me, I would be dropping rent to market conditions and wouldn't be having the commercial spaces vacant.....especially for 3 years?

F

There have been tenants come and go over this period; they haven't been empty the entire time. Although, obviously there were no long term ones! :)

The operations HQ I was talking about in my earlier post was for the power industry.
The majority of towns that a mate travels through in QLD have possible sites for shopping centres earmarked. This is not meaning to say that all will be built.

Yes, I did see it, but havent read it yet. However, it is an advertisement (if you look at the fine print at the top of the page).

I agree about the sailing ship. Too late for that area but well done to those who have already bought there. I would be very worried about the new mining tax and where that will go, could be a huge plummet in supply and demand there if it all goes belly up.

Back