Surely, people aren't this naive....even now?

miket said:
It's unfortunate that people fall victim to such scams....but who's to blame? Naivity or pressure selling techniques by these type of un ethical salespeople.

MikeT

Maybe include greed in there as well, as that clouds people judgement.

Last edited:
miket said:
but who's to blame? Naivity or pressure selling techniques by these type of un ethical salespeople
While many people are naive, these scammers are very good at preying on people's weaknesses. It's much the same with overweight people who get conned into trying all sorts of bogus dieting products.

And I have to say, if people can actually fall for the millions out of Nigeria scam, it doesn't surprise me at all that they can fall for more reasonable-sounding scams like these.

GP

Reload the original article a few times and the pop-up ad will cycle though a number of financial "schemes". While I have no doubt they are more honest than the scammers in the article, it is still looks a Freudian slip to me.

Note my distaste for an industry who's main aim is to get their hand in your pocket.

THommo

Ive been reading this forum for quite a while (and love it) but have only just started posting, so HI!

She could try opening another account, transferring her funds to it and closing the account that the direct debit is coming out of, would be worth a try.

I remember reading a few of posts last year some time where a few posters on here were supporting Henry Kaye over Neil Jenman, i find that incredible.

Back