Surfers Paradise reduced from $895 to $690

Not to mention drunk teenagers and street kids in Cavill Mall and surrounds. Central Surfers has gone downhill big time over the years.

Where you been Ned KellY?

Terrible parking, fights, glassings, poor restaurants, poor service, shops closed down as businesses don't want to be there, rubbish in the streets, trashy tourist shops.. need I go on.

Fights and glassings only occur if you are in the nightclub scene, and even then after midnight. Gold Coast - best place in Oz to live, but we hardly ever go into Surfers. We have had 2 weeks of winter and 3 days ago it turned the corner and has been glorious ever since. You cant say people who bought those apartments were idiots, they paid the going price when the price was hot like anywhere. The economic downturn has hit the coast hard and there are plenty of bargains like this around, the point is, it will turn sometime and then the prices skyrocket again. Voted most expensive place to live in Oz for a reason - everbody wants to be here

Celica not bagging gold coast, as i am on holls in M'bah atm and love it, coming from Cnbr and comparing the prop prices to down there lots of ops, i think we were just bagging Brisvages, as the other areas are stunning, with some small exceptions, ;) but love it,
usually very busy up here this time of year, but gee some buisinesses are on the struggle.

Celica not bagging gold coast, as i am on holls in M'bah atm and love it, coming from Cnbr and comparing the prop prices to down there lots of ops, i think we were just bagging Brisvages, as the other areas are stunning, with some small exceptions, ;) but love it,
usually very busy up here this time of year, but gee some buisinesses are on the struggle.

Can you translate that into English please?

I love the gold coast.
it is lovely.
usually very busy, ie restaurants, shops , etc .. but some buisinesses seem to be struggling, at the moment?
Property values in canberra are expensive , compared to around here, perhaps 30% more in canberra, when comparing avg to avg,

Brisvagas (surfers paradise) is the place i dislike the most!
Bit better?:rolleyes:

I personally see nothing special about that unit, except it's new and has views of the GC. I'd offer 280K :D

My mate recently picked up a 2 bedroom unit at the Chevron Renaissance for 280k which is like a 1min walk to Cavill Ave. Only on the 5th floor but still a good price. 'House' warming this weekend should be fun :D

Craig, what/where is M'bah? Are you talking about Moranbah, the mining town. A long way from here, 220ks out of Mackay? Would you believe we worked out there when it was first set up. My ex was building draglines to hand over to Utah mining. We were actually at Peak Downs, Moranbah was 50ks away. We were in a caravan park carved out of the wilderness but with plumbed in facilities and out own with section with barbecue area etc. It was fabulous - real pioneering stuff.

Back