Surprise special conditions - what are my options?

Hello, I am a newbie to Somersoft.

I recently made an offer on a property after viewing an electronic copy of the contract of sale.
When the hard copy arrived there were Special Conditions(SC) which were not in the electronic copy. These SC are not what I would want to agree to.

Can I change my offer to be in line with what I would be prepared to pay under the special conditions?

Can I request to have the SC's removed or amended?

Can I decline to sign the contract of sale based on the SC not being known at the time of my offer?

Any advice would be most welcome :)

Hello, I am a newbie to Somersoft.

I recently made an offer on a property after viewing an electronic copy of the contract of sale.
When the hard copy arrived there were Special Conditions(SC) which were not in the electronic copy. These SC are not what I would want to agree to.

Can I change my offer to be in line with what I would be prepared to pay under the special conditions?

Can I request to have the SC's removed or amended?

Can I decline to sign the contract of sale based on the SC not being known at the time of my offer?

Any advice would be most welcome :)
Just line up the bin and throw it in,and ring them back up and ask the question..

If they don't have your initials on the special conditions page, you can easily claim that it was added to the contract after signing without your consent.

Electronic ones tht I've received have always had everything included.
Your solicitor cn negotiate on the special conditions but do not sign if you are not happy with them.
I've signed before and negotiated afterwards but the special conditions weren't a deal breaker for me. If they are a deal breaker do not sign.

Back