Sustainability Declaration Form

January 1st saw the Qld introduction of these into the selling process. Do other States have such forms already? Do they actually achieve a purpose or do they become an additional cost to the seller who feels "unqualified" to provide the necessary information?

Frizzle

I have had to fill one in too

I have had to fill out one of these for the Agnes Water Unit we are selling...
I just answered the questions tot he best of my ability, I think it even says that on the bottom of it, Answer to the best of your ability.

I don't put too much power into this is thing.... How many investors know if their IP has Energy saving light bulbs installed???

I have had to fill out one of these for the Agnes Water Unit we are selling...
I just answered the questions tot he best of my ability, I think it even says that on the bottom of it, Answer to the best of your ability.

I don't put too much power into this is thing.... How many investors know if their IP has Energy saving light bulbs installed???

Yeah, it doesn't look like to bad of a form to fill out. It needs to be done, but I have heard the same as Miss Muffit. As long as you fill it out to the best of your knowledge, then that is fine....you can even leave out areas you are not sure about!! (so I have heard)

Cheers,

F

Sustainability Declaration - Pointless?

I think the sustainability declaration form is a bit pointless if you leave half of it blank because you don't know the answers? You can always get a professional to come and count your light bulbs!!:) To fill in this 2 page document charges starting at around $100-00 :rolleyes:
You can find more info on the new rules here.
SustainabilityDeclaration.net

Attachments

• Sustainability declaration_Page_1.jpg
    Sustainability declaration_Page_1.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Sustainability declaration_Page_2.jpg
    Sustainability declaration_Page_2.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 85
I believe one of the primary reasons for implementing the sustainability declaration was to increase awareness of environmentally friendly homes rather than to act as a selling tool.

Below is a guideline we have done up for our company in complying with the changes:

- All listing must have a sustainability form completed BEFORE any marketing commences
- Form can be obtained from www.dip.qld.gov.au
- The form MUST be completed by the seller only
- Agents should NOT assist the seller in completing the form
- Agents may direct the seller to government site and provide government facts sheet
- Sellers must complete the form to the best of their ability and knowledge. Where the seller cannot reasonably find out information or has no technical knowledge about the feature then the box may be left blank.
- Properties sold off the plan must also have a completed declaration by the seller

Inspections:
- A copy of the form must be displayed at all open homes in a visible location
- Private inspections the potential buyer must be given a copy of the form or have it displayed visibly during the inspection
- Any brochures cannot be given before the sustainability form – It is recommended open for inspection brochures are stapled with the sustainability form.
- The form may be supplied electronically

Advertising:
- All forms of advertising must include information informing the buyer where they may obtain a copy of the declaration such as ‘the sustainability declaration for this property can be obtained by contacting McAndrew Properties’
- Newspaper & Magazines are exempt from the above
- Feature Sign must have the information stated above
- Internet listings must have the information stated above
- The seller’s details may be excluded from declarations given to potential purchasers. The final purchaser should however be given a completed declaration.

Another point to note is that this form is NOT grounds to terminate a contract should it become apparent that an error was made in completing the form. Compensation/legal remedies can however be sought by the purchaser.

Whats the point in filling it in (unless it's an eco style place!)? Just leave it blank and sign it.... my place just sold in 2 days regardless...

The form clearly says that you don't have to answer the questions. The REA told me that if something you've signed to turns out wrong you could be liable or cause settlement delays etc. Don't know how accurate that is, but not filling it in sure won't cause that!

Whats the point in filling it in (unless it's an eco style place!)? Just leave it blank and sign it.... my place just sold in 2 days regardless...

The form clearly says that you don't have to answer the questions. The REA told me that if something you've signed to turns out wrong you could be liable or cause settlement delays etc. Don't know how accurate that is, but not filling it in sure won't cause that!

The problem with this approach is that the form must be completed to the best of your knowledge and reasonable ability. Fines can be applied for a form not filled out without reason and as such owners should be completing as much as possible.

It would be quite obvious to the reasonable person how many air conditioners are in the property or if the cook top is gas or electric for example.

One thing owners should not be doing is making assumptions if they are unsure of something. This is when the question should be left blank.

If something is filled in incorrectly i do not believe settlement can be delayed nor can the contract be terminated. Remedies can however be sought by the purchaser. An example of this - If the seller has indicated that there is cieling insulation when there is not. The purchaser may seek remedies for the cost of cieling insulation.

Back