Sutherland Council charges

I`m looking to do a subdivision within the Sutherland Shire.
It will be a straight cut down the centre leaving a common driveway up the side for access (Battleaxe block at rear will be the result).
The block is level from corner to corner (so water can feed to street), with existing house at the front.

I have sat with council and they say the subdivision can be done providing that I build the rear dwelling first. After this the planner says it will be no problem to change the title giving two separate properties.

Does anybody here have experience with Sutherland Council with this situation? Also do you have approximate council charges or fees to go through this procedure?

Matt,

Looks like a good plan, from experience with councils the costs can vary immensely so I can't comment specifically. I believe you will still need a DA, OWA and maybe a BA before you start.

I would try and steer clear of having to build before titles are issued, seeking advice of a local town planner should be able to help with this (ie not a council town planner). The common driveway might be able to be dealt with via easement rights to rear block or front block eliminating strata title issues.

Being able to cut the block and issue titles without building will limit the amount of exposure, equity and time you will need.

Mark

Back