SYD GEN Y meetup, not restricted to gen y's - Nov 5th @ Chatswood RSL

Just wondering if the younger generation of investors would like to get together for a little drink up.
No where is set or dates. thought i would see if there is any interest and then we can work it out.

If would be great if some of the wiser generations would like to come as well.

That sounds lovely - although as i am an agent and not an investor i might be burnt at the stake? i am Northern beaches based so i dont like to cross bridges... but in all seriousness in the city not to exy pub location would probably be good.....

your more than welcome, jst dont try to sell us somthing hehehehehehee.
ill start looking for places and dates towards the end of the week.

I vote for south of the bridge! Preferably somewhere in the city, or Glebe :) But then, I'm gen XY, so I guess my vote only counts for half...

I also vote that we do it before August 27th, cos that's when I leave the country for my trip to Spain!

its social,
we will chat, get to know each other. its not like you will be forced to have a drink lol.
personally its been a while since i sat down and had a drink. Dam renovations!!!!!!!!

How does teh 22nd or 23rd of aug sound.
Does any one know where Equilibrium is? in world square.
its a nice chill out place/bar

How did this go? Id be interested to go to a meet... to meet some like minded people. Thats one thing I struggle to find with ppl my age... most of my friends dont want to even think about property or buying shares or investing.

They all say I'm stupid for buying a property at my age and having such a huge debt but really theres people out there who bought when they were 18 or 19. Smart move I say.

So I propose a day- What about a meet up end of October Friday 31st Halloween isnt it? Somewhere in the city!

Last edited:
I work in Artarmon too - how about a get together somewhere around here - St Leonards, Artarmon, Chatswood ?

... that's if you don't mind a Gen-Xer tagging along :rolleyes: :D

Suggestions for where / when ?

PS. I'm happy to use the Sydney Investor Meetup stuff on meetup.com to let everyone know about it all if you like ... http://investing.meetup.com/570/

Sounds good. Just have a few drinks & a feed at a pub would be great. Maybe in a few weeks?

Maybe Orchard tavern in Chatswood or something like that. I work on Hampden Rd. Where are you at?

Thanks.

I work from home - over the east side of the railway line. Chatswood is walking distance - so anywhere there is fine.

I travel down from the Central Coast to St Leonards (by train) - so somewhere near the Northshore trainline would be great :)

Sim - I think I'm Gen-X - ('79??) :D

I'd love to get hubby along - he just listens to my nonsense all the time - I'm sure he'd love to get the reassurance from others - so if it was somewhere near some accomodation, we'd probably stay the night.

Cheers,
Jen

Okay - which night of the week would people prefer? Any night except Thursday is fine for me.

Back