SYD GEN Y meetup, not restricted to gen y's - Nov 5th @ Chatswood RSL

Hi Sim

Yes, I'm interested in coming to this one.

I didn't get notice of the additional posts to this thread because I am without my computer atm. We just sold our house and our stuff is in storage.

Look forward to catching up on the 5th.

Cheers
Julie

Ooohh, sounds great! Will definitely try, we have family coming up from Melbourne that week, not sure exactly what the plans are.....

Cheers,
Jen

Hi Sim,
Perhaps Les too (although he's more of the kind grandfatherly type).
Hehe - yep, I'm the Gramps who isn't even one in real life - I hear of people who could be MY kids are already grandparents - but not me.

Ah well, maybe one day my two youngsters will get their act together (hopefully each with someone else - not "together" :eek:) and will make me "official"..... Right now, fat chance !!! They are both Gen X, and both just hanging back in the marriage/kids stakes.

Re Chatswood, Wed evening can work for me, depending.... My work is somewhat fluid - for now, I'm a "Yes" - next week, who knows..... Can you call me a definite "maybe" ?

I haven't been to that RSL in about 4 years, so things may have changed - but, when last there, there WAS a place away from pokies, TAB, food areas, etc. where one could just "sit and chat" - I hope it remains, but I guess we can figure it out on the night....

Regards,

Guys,

I'm a sprightly GenX, so I guess you lot wouldn't be too offended if I gate-crashed your party. I'll need to get a leave pass from the missus first, but Chatswood is just around the corner from my St Leonards office so is dead easy for me.

Cheers,
Michael

Hey Michael - how long have you been working in St Leonards ?

Didn't realise you worked in our neck-o-the-woods!

u more than welcome michael,
will be kinda good for us gen y ppl to get some good knowlage, advice and direction from the ppl who been doing it for a little longer.
bring the wife brother, im bringing ma girl along :)

I'll be there- though not until around 7.30pm as I'm helping out for the Art Show at my daughter's school beforehand.
Looking forward to catching up- which exact section of the RSL are we meeting?

Hey Michael - how long have you been working in St Leonards ?

Didn't realise you worked in our neck-o-the-woods!
12 months now!

In the tower at 205 Pacific Hwy beside the forum / train station. Always up for a coffee when I'm in town if you're interested... ;)

Cheers,
Michael

Hmmm...To go or not to go.... I run the risk of showing up, not noticing where the group is and leaving. Or noticing said group, not being able to start a convo and then leaving anyway...Hmmm.

I'll be there- though not until around 7.30pm as I'm helping out for the Art Show at my daughter's school beforehand.
Looking forward to catching up- which exact section of the RSL are we meeting?

No idea where in the RSL we should meet - hopefully someone who knows the setup a little better there can advise us all where to meet exactly??

Otherwise we'll tell the front desk person where we will be located and then everyone coming along can ask at the front desk :)

Looking forward to meeting you all :)

Hmmm...To go or not to go.... I run the risk of showing up, not noticing where the group is and leaving. Or noticing said group, not being able to start a convo and then leaving anyway...Hmmm.
Go!

I've just been given a leave pass from my missus so will definitely be in attendance now. If you spot an unruly looking mob, just go ask if they're from Somersoft. If they say "what?", say "don't worry...". Chances are they will be from SS anyway. Then ask them who MichaelWhyte is and come say hello. I'd love to put a face to the name. That goes for all of you that I haven't had the opportunity to meet as yet!!

Cheers,
Michael

I'll do up some "meetup.com" banners - that will look something like this:

logo_82.png

I'll try and be there before 6:30pm and find a good spot, and will put the banners out on the table so they can be seen.

ill be there around 6.30-7
have no idea where this rsl is or what its like hehehehehehehe
ahhh to find me look for the tall white guy with the tall asian girl :)

Wed 5th November, Chatswood RSL @ 6pm

Attending so far
Cartoon + 1
Sim
Michael Whyte
Witzl + 1
Jack C
Jacque
Nathan + 4
Simonjulie
Jen D - pending
Lez - Pending

If i missed you or you would like to come copy n past this into a post at add your name please.

Last edited:
Back