Syd vs Bris vs Melbourne

thought Id post a few thoughts of mine out,

we all know that west syd is booming,

bris is about to or has already begun,

similar story in melb, id say slightly behind bris

Coming off a lower pricing point, and given what a lot of brokers and experts are saying that all the pushed out sydney investors are heading into bris,

in the last boom did the same thing happen?

also Im from West of Melb, I believe that inner city melb is booming, with the outer suburbs even as far as melton starting to hot up,

that being said, I feel that brisbanes boom will be say 80% of the size of sydneys boom, but I get the feeling that melbourne wont be a boom at all, its just going to be slightly above average growth,

having a far higher median price base, which obviously wont and shouldnt catch up to sydneys, also population
I just feel there is not near as much that will push it to boom levels, outer west syd you could get properties for $200k pre boom, but in melbourne, the cheapest is melton and surrounds for about $250k

what do others think?

In my opinion Sydney has a long way to run, especially suburbs other than the inner west. Melbourne will not boom but creep up slowly as it has continued to do for some time now. Brisbane will start to go well coming off its dead base. Very general I know but just my thoughts.

I have being backing that Sydney will double in 15 years from its 03/04 peak which means by 2018/19. This is not long now - only 5 to 6 years. I believe we have had say 20 to 25% growth in Sydney since 03/04 so still 75 to 80% of growth to go in 5 to 6 years. Still not to late for Sydney but I have moved my focus to Brisbane for cheaper entry and 95% growth by 2020.

Cheers

In my opinion Sydney has a long way to run, especially suburbs other than the inner west. Melbourne will not boom but creep up slowly as it has continued to do for some time now. Brisbane will start to go well coming off its dead base. Very general I know but just my thoughts.

I have being backing that Sydney will double in 15 years from its 03/04 peak which means by 2018/19. This is not long now - only 5 to 6 years. I believe we have had say 20 to 25% growth in Sydney since 03/04 so still 75 to 80% of growth to go in 5 to 6 years. Still not to late for Sydney but I have moved my focus to Brisbane for cheaper entry and 95% growth by 2020.

Cheers

I would be a very happy man, if your 95% growth stat comes up trumps.

I generally agree with your commentary on the Sydney market. Brisbane I don't think it will be that much but perhaps 50-60%.

Put your money on Brisbane now and sell in 1-2 years before the bubble bursts up there, after that the market will be stagnant for 10 years again. ;)

Back