Sydney: Central to Eveleigh development

Hey Everybody,
I spotted this proposal (Google "Central to Eveleigh urban growth"), just wondering why nobody's talking about it? Sounds really good. Also known as C2E.
In a nutshell, it provides more high density housing but also more office space, utilising the space above and adjacent to the train lines between Macdonaldtown and Erskineville, all the way to Central.
I was getting all these updates in the mailbox, and the immensity of this project is huge, and all I can say is, I hope it goes ahead. Even if it takes the next 10 years or so. The plans for Central are very significant.

Just my thought so far from quick look at the site

Well, the price is already high as it is within 12 KM of Sydney CBD.

I guess for long term CG people looking in the West area of Parramatta and Penrith.

but for the First Home Owner or Owner Occupier, that might sounds interesting.

I guess for long term CG people looking in the West area of Parramatta and Penrith.

That's an assumption that is probably incorrect.

Regarding the project, it looks like a decent project, however I assume the cost would be very significant since all the rail would have to go underground for the project to be built atop together with the parks and the rest of the stuff.
I guess until the project gets approved, this is just another idea and I don't know whether the Sydney council would be in a position to go ahead with such a massive project right now, even with the NSW's help. Remember they are already committed to the redevelopment of Green Square - just down the road, which is a lot more massive and things have just barely begun.

An interesting project nevertheless, perhaps once Green Square has been redeveloped and more people & businesses have moved into the area, then this could justify going ahead with a development like this one.

Massive project, yes. But it's definitely possible since it's happened in other international cities and they built buildings over the train lines at Chatswood and North Sydney so it's not impossible...

That's an assumption that is probably incorrect.

Regarding the project, it looks like a decent project, however I assume the cost would be very significant since all the rail would have to go underground for the project to be built atop together with the parks and the rest of the stuff.
I guess until the project gets approved, this is just another idea and I don't know whether the Sydney council would be in a position to go ahead with such a massive project right now, even with the NSW's help. Remember they are already committed to the redevelopment of Green Square - just down the road, which is a lot more massive and things have just barely begun.

An interesting project nevertheless, perhaps once Green Square has been redeveloped and more people & businesses have moved into the area, then this could justify going ahead with a development like this one.

ok, hopefully this project will get some fund from the state because when reading this news few days ago: http://www.smh.com.au/business/fede...-2015-winners-and-losers-20150512-1mzi3h.html

Losers

Public transport users, after Tony Abbott refuses to fund urban projects
Victoria facing demands to hand back $1.5 billion of East West Link cash
Sydney residents hoping for a rail link to new airport

There won't be much budget for Urban transport related project.

Yes, possible indeed - but that's a lot of tracks to build atop and isn't such a hub like Chatswood or North Sydney are (the CBD is the nearby hub). Also in Chatswood for instance you have 2 tracks and they are not really underground, rather elevated with cover above and buildings right next to them. It could happen sometime down the track, but with other developments underway I can't see this one being put through at this stage. Long term, all bets are off, especially being so close to the city. But I am by no means an expert.

Yes, possible indeed - but that's a lot of tracks to build atop and isn't such a hub like Chatswood or North Sydney are (the CBD is the nearby hub). Also in Chatswood for instance you have 2 tracks and they are not really underground, rather elevated with cover above and buildings right next to them. It could happen sometime down the track, but with other developments underway I can't see this one being put through at this stage. Long term, all bets are off, especially being so close to the city. But I am by no means an expert.

no worries Phiber,
I'm also looking for a place to invest here in Sydney (Inner west up to north west), obviously Sydney CBD is out of the limit for me at the moment.

Do you mean investing in Sydney CBD ?

It would just be icing.... the area isnt considered the CBD at the moment. But if they do the development at Central down to Eveleigh it will expand the CBD southwards towards these areas.... plus throw in bright and shiny new buildings and I'll call it a winner... this is near unis and near the CBD... The area is already very desirable and I can only think it would become even more desirable if these developments were to occur.

Sydney NSW 2000 is always most favoured place to stay in a shared living apartment.

.... The area is already very desirable and I can only think it would become even more desirable if these developments were to occur.

Yes, it is very desirable, given most of the apartment units in the vicinity of NSW 2000 is overcrowded by the overseas student who work in the city for cash in hand job.

So I guess if no news yet for the development approval yet, then it is just another paper plan.

New Gentrification Planning

Hey Everybody,
I spotted this proposal (Google "Central to Eveleigh urban growth"), just wondering why nobody's talking about it? Sounds really good. Also known as C2E.
In a nutshell, it provides more high density housing but also more office space, utilising the space above and adjacent to the train lines between Macdonaldtown and Erskineville, all the way to Central.
I was getting all these updates in the mailbox, and the immensity of this project is huge, and all I can say is, I hope it goes ahead. Even if it takes the next 10 years or so. The plans for Central are very significant.

How about this project: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/transport...ive-city-shaping-project-20150616-ghoy0v.html

I guess, the next boom suburbs will be Marrickville, Sydenham and again.. Sydney CBD NSW 2000

Back