Sydney - Cleaners and Removalist Recommendations?

Moving time soon - any recommended removalists? Going from Chatswood to Macquarie park (max 30 mins drive)

Also need a meticulous, reasonably priced cleaners for 1bd unit with balcony as I'm not going to do all the cleaning this time....

I have used Modern Movers a couple of times who were very good. Not the cheapest around but very careful and efficient. They have a Naremburn and Castle Hill depot so service the areas you are moving from/to.

I used All Sydney Professional Removalists. Chosen at random off Service Seeking.

They were actually really, really good. Knew what they were doing. Really affordable. Moved from Sydney to Newcastle on a Easter Saturday for $600.

Only breakage was a 40c bunnings terracotta plant dish, which was slightly chipped, and they were up front about it and were insisting that they replace it.

Just got a quote for End of lease cleaning (I'm the tenant) for 1 bed 1 balcony 1 bathroom apartment
$280 including steam cleaning and guarantee on bond back.
Other sites I saw is $220.

Sound reasonable or too expensive? It's for Sydney North Shore apartment

Just got a quote for End of lease cleaning (I'm the tenant) for 1 bed 1 balcony 1 bathroom apartment
$280 including steam cleaning and guarantee on bond back.
Other sites I saw is $220.

Sound reasonable or too expensive? It's for Sydney North Shore apartment

I think I paid $180 for mine.

Ask the agent who they use and recommend. If there are issues with the end of lease clean then they can liaise directly with them.

I've done that in my last few places and it has worked out well. They usually do miss a couple of spots.

I think I paid $180 for mine.

Ask the agent who they use and recommend. If there are issues with the end of lease clean then they can liaise directly with them.

I've done that in my last few places and it has worked out well. They usually do miss a couple of spots.

Ok... so $280 sounds a bit expensive ... the sales rep is nice though :rolleyes:

Good idea... will ask the agent closer to moving time. I don't know when we're moving yet, so can't ask the agent until I know when I vacate.

I know a cleaner who does that and it really depends on a lot of things. It's not just about the size of the building but what they will do and what your property has and how dirty it is.

For example, I have a painting business, and I have to charge more $200-300 more if the property has skirting boards all around it for a two bedroom unit because it actually takes about 1 full day of labour for three coats of paint.

I know a few cleaners and they won't give me a price of their cleaning service over the phone without seeing it because they don't know what's involved.

So get a few more to get a better pricing.

The best guide for cleaning is about $25 per hour per person + extra for steam cleaning.

If you were in Melb - we would have been able to do it for $50 per hour.
1 BDR would not take more than 2 hours.
so total $100.
Carpet not steam cleaned but dry cleaned.

Back