Sydney conveyancer

Can anyone recommend a good solicitor/conveyancer in Sydney?
My requirements:
1. Prompt service
2. Reasonable fees
3. Experienced

Please PM me with referrals.

Regards,

Lotana

1. Prompt service
2. Reasonable fees
3. Experienced

umm... in my experience, you may be lucky to get one out of those three from a solicitor :(

Dear Sim,

Must say that is not the case with my Brisbane solicitor who does all my conveyancing.

Sometimes you have to remember to appreciate what you have got.:)

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Sunstone, can you please ask him to move to Sydney ? :p

I must say, I haven't dealt with solicitors from a conveyancing point of view, and I have heard a couple of people suggest theirs were quite good.

Lotana;

I have bought 2 IP's with the help of a Manly based Solicitor named Paul Tocchini.

Several times I have called him on a saturday afternoon asking him to come to a particular property and provide me with advice -every time he has dropped what he was doing and provided excellent advice (including walk away when we were getting mucked around in a dodgy private sale)

His rates are reasonable and I've never been given the 'he's in a meeting......out at lunch..etc etc' from his secretary

Cheers

Sam

Dear Sim,

Now that would be a conflict of my best interests wouldn't it? ;)

Solicitors/Conveyancers can certainly do interstate conveyancing. The real two issues however is that 1) Property Laws are slightly different in each state. (Just a little bit more to read on each state.) and 2) Interstate conveyancer means there is still a need for someone to physically distribute the cheques etc and actually attend settlement on your behalf.

You would think that sometime soon that a settlement could be all electronic and therefore not needed to be done in person. Sometimes I wonder why we still have cheques in existence? Maybe the banks want that 3 days worth of interest from holding our funds in the middle (of course not with bank cheques however.)

Should there be further change in the actual process of settlements to reduce costs and make it more efficient?

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Back