Sydney - Differentiators between North West vs South West

quick question... the areas mentioned as North West in this thread, are they really in North West in terms of direction or Greater West/Western Sydney?

quick question... the areas mentioned as North West in this thread, are they really in North West in terms of direction or Greater West/Western Sydney?

Good point. I guess when i originally posted this, i was should have been specific as i was intending it to be the northwest and southwest growth centres. I wasn't trying to make comparisons of established suburbs like cherrybrook, beecroft, castle hill vs lakemba, padstow, easthills

Refer below

http://growthcentres.planning.nsw.gov.au/

I currently live in south west( Glenfield) in a new estate and just paid deposit a for land and home package in norwest growth centre (marsden Park).

I had the option of purchasing in southwest growth centres ( edmonson park , Leppington) at cheaper price but we decided to move to north west. We feel the north west had better shopping malls, restaurants, better schools and better access to white collor jobs. Though south west is developing fast but still it does not have give us a feeling that we want to spend next 5- 10 yrs in this area. Liverpool which is closest suburb for shopping does not give secure feeling after 7:00pm. Same for Macarthur. Where as rouse hill and castle hill malls are more upclass and give you secure family environment.

After speaking to lot of migrants, it seems that who so ever was not able to afford in north west decided to move to south west. It was not their first choice.

At the end if my partner and I are given choice of raising our kids to either one...we will choose north west to south west.

I currently live in south west( Glenfield) in a new estate and just paid deposit a for land and home package in norwest growth centre (marsden Park).

I had the option of purchasing in southwest growth centres ( edmonson park , Leppington) at cheaper price but we decided to move to north west. We feel the north west had better shopping malls, restaurants, better schools and better access to white collor jobs. Though south west is developing fast but still it does not have give us a feeling that we want to spend next 5- 10 yrs in this area. Liverpool which is closest suburb for shopping does not give secure feeling after 7:00pm. Same for Macarthur. Where as rouse hill and castle hill malls are more upclass and give you secure family environment.

After speaking to lot of migrants, it seems that who so ever was not able to afford in north west decided to move to south west. It was not their first choice.

At the end if my partner and I are given choice of raising our kids to either one...we will choose north west to south west.

How much did you paid for that H&L package ?

I'm thinking get between Edmondson Park and Schofields for Capital Growth.

its 450sq land and 38sq metricon house and will cost me 900k without upgrades.

With Elara estate latest release, they sold 450sq lanf for $455k

John i tried to private message you as I know the areas very well as I live in Southwest but have studied NW for a little while and purchased there. Your account is not allowing me to send the message and says you have disabled private messages

If you are buying for capital growth in the NW, try to get a property within 10-15mins walk of one of the railway stations. Cudgegong Road, Schofields or Riverstone.

Some areas being cleared for development now have district views towards the Blue Mountains. So look for high side of a street that will give you those views without being blocked by other development.

If you are buying for capital growth in the NW, try to get a property within 10-15mins walk of one of the railway stations. Cudgegong Road, Schofields or Riverstone.

Some areas being cleared for development now have district views towards the Blue Mountains. So look for high side of a street that will give you those views without being blocked by other development.

I agree but that would throw Marsden Park out. I think Marsden Park has awesome potential due to proximity to the big retailers and a couple of new schools going in..

Yes, I guess that's why Schofields is now the top #1 Fastest Growing Suburbs in Sydney with the median price of $780,000

I agree but that would throw Marsden Park out. I think Marsden Park has awesome potential due to proximity to the big retailers and a couple of new schools going in..

Yes, that's correct, Marsden Park is way to far from Public Transport, but it is closer to the retailers.

But what's going to support or boost the price of house & land in those area ?
apart from newly opened business park ? My observation usually comes to the following 3 points:

PIE factor for Marsden Park
Population: Yes Sydney is growing
Infrastructure: Not so much about public transport option
Economy: ... not sure who will be living in the area to rent the House after it is build.

I purchased in the south west corridor in Leppington (willowdale) and my girlfriends parents live in Dural the North West. If I had a choice I would probably aggree with most of the posts in saying I would prefer the North West but if you factor the price diffrence between the two areas I do not think that is justified. Paying 1 million in the Norwest doesnt get you too much compared to what you get in South West.

I think the actual price gap between the two will close the south west is getting alot if infrastructure put in and that second airport is probably going to create like 35000 jobs

I purchased in the south west corridor in Leppington (willowdale) and my girlfriends parents live in Dural the North West. If I had a choice I would probably aggree with most of the posts in saying I would prefer the North West but if you factor the price diffrence between the two areas I do not think that is justified. Paying 1 million in the Norwest doesnt get you too much compared to what you get in South West.

I think the actual price gap between the two will close the south west is getting alot if infrastructure put in and that second airport is probably going to create like 35000 jobs

Whoa, new H&L in Willowdale ;-) How much does it cost Mr. Black ?

I actually got in on the second release so I purchased a block and built after. The costs all up was about 480 it was completed in Jan this year currently renting for 580 a week now

I actually got in on the second release so I purchased a block and built after. The costs all up was about 480 it was completed in Jan this year currently renting for 580 a week now

There is some decent Capital gain. I think the starting price for house + land (400sqm) is about 720k in willowdale. i'm guessing you bought late 2013 or early 2014

There is some decent Capital gain. I think the starting price for house + land (400sqm) is about 720k in willowdale. i'm guessing you bought late 2013 or early 2014

Yeah it was in July 2014 had the house valued about a month ago was valued over 150k more then I paid. Wouldnt try again now the same block is over 350k way too expensive

Yes, I guess that's why Schofields is now the top #1 Fastest Growing Suburbs in Sydney with the median price of $780,000

Yep. Schofields has certainly gone up a lot recently. I bought a brand new 3/2.5/1 house in January last year for $580K. Now another developer is selling very similar house with even smaller land component than mine for $750K. Absolutely stupid prices.

Back