Sydney glazier?

It's a long shot, but does anyone know a good glazier in Sydney? We engaged a shutter company to fix some broken shutters but they cracked some glass in the process...

Would be very grateful for recommendations!

My husband is a glazier (not in Sydney, that isn't what I'm getting at), he also works for a security company that installs shutters, screens, doors, alarms etc.

I would have thought that the company installing your shutters would be responsible for repairs for the damage caused and that it should be up to them to organise this. That would certainly be the case in my husband's firm.

I've never heard of anyone cracking glass installing shutters, but on occasion a tile might be chipped installing a shower screen and then the company organises a tiler to fix the damage.

Just ask, can't hurt.

If that isn't the case ask your insurance company to recommend a glazing company as this would be an insurance matter.

Hope that helps

we just looked in the local Hills Shire Times and called up all the glaziers listed, and picked from them.

We needed to get a hole cut for the cat door - so was a pretty minor job.

The shutter company has asked us to get 2 quotes from glaziers and they will pay for the cheapest one. It was very stressful dealing with them after they broke the window so I would like to find a Sydney glazier who will do the job perfectly and not need numerous follow-up calls due to dodgy workmanship!

Basically the shutter company cracked a pane while they were installing the shutters and then several more cracks eventuated over the next week. Won't name them here as they were reasonably good in following it up once we got hold of them.

a Sydney glazier who will do the job perfectly and not need numerous follow-up calls due to dodgy workmanship!

I can't see the problem here. Any glazier will be able to repair a window. Just call two and ask them to submit their quotes to the roller shutter company. Just pick the two closest to your area from the Yellow Pages or your local trade directory.

Hope it all goes well

Back