Sydney Home Buyer & Investor Expo 19-21 July

This time I ended up at the stocks section. It was interesting and I'm thinking of going for two hours again today.

Later popped into the property area... to be honest I was a bit bored here.

Went on Saturday morning, not many people around compared to when it was held at Darling Harbour.

Nothing new, same as always.

It's funny to see how exaggerated the figures are for some of the mini seminar presenters. Absolute optimal cases only repeatable with perfect market conditions are used as examples are used.

I thing I was there about that time, was wearing a red hoodie.
Were you stalking me...

The shares section was pretty small and very quiet, but I noticed they had a paid seminar section out the back.

One thing I got is my interest in CFD's has been reignited since playing around with them 10 years ago and losing badly.
Now with so much more discipline and capital to play with, I may have another go.

Margaret Lomas Picks

In case anyone was interested, I caught the following "picks" from Margaret Lomas. Feel free to jump in if I got any of it wrong.

NSW - Central and South Coast will do well as people get priced out of Sydney's western suburbs

Qld - most migration in Australia as well as having high investor demand and falling unemployment.

Best affordability - people can afford $580K, but prices average price is $480K. Compare this to Sydney where the average price is $745k for prices but average affordability is $664k.

Target Family orientated areas - people move or stay up and stay in the area. And a low supply.

South of Brisbane should do well. From Consider (the corridor?) through Logan and Ipswich

Expecting 7% growth

SA - improving confidence in the south, but is reducing in northern suburbs so opportunity to get good bargains.

Adelaide grows 3-3.5 and rental of 7. Most consistent market in Aust! Doesn't boom/bust, but grows at around 3% all the time.

Vic - middle ring and southern corridor close to Mornington and Narre warren peninsula - lots of pent up demand ready to go.

Inner city: Extreme oversupply - biggest residential building in the world. 12% vacancy in Melbs, and 90% owned by investors. This is places like Docklands.

WA - forecast softening of prices on the back of reduced mining investment

Mining towns vulnerable, but if you can afford to hold on, they will come back!

Rental yields flattening but growth expected.

Tas - don't go! 2% growth, no demand and 1/4 pop growth of national average

Nt - looking down ?

ACT - balanced market. No pressure of prices or budget.

Back