Sydney Investors Family Picnic - Dec 7th, Putney Park

Sim

Administrator
Based on my other thread about family-friendly gatherings ... the general response was that a weekend picnic in a park would be the preference. This has worked well previously.

My suggestion is to try Putney Park again - seemed pretty popular last time (see this thread)

How about 7th December for a picnic lunch from 11am ?

Thoughts ? Too far away ?

Last edited:
sounds good to me.... its a great park for kids. Don't forget to bring swimmers for the water slide etc.
I'll put it in the diary, but we won't be able to make it until after around 12.30pm or 1pm.
Pen

Great spot and date for me...however I am a loner and don't know anyone. So hopefully by then I will have grown some balls to come along! *writes into diary*

I'll put it in the diary, but we won't be able to make it until after around 12.30pm or 1pm.

That won't be a problem - I'm sure people will be there most of the afternoon (they certainly were last time)

Okay - after our meetup in Chatswood tonight, we've decided that we're going to do this picnic at Putney Park on the 7th December ... I'll create a Meetup entry for it.

Who's coming ?

keep us posted la, ill come along with my girl, were both keep to get into developments so the more social/learning events the better lol.

7th of dec will be hot as, hope ppl dun mind me walking around in a singlet (ill try not to scare the kids hheehehehehehe)

I strongly recommend packing any portable shade of any kind - just in case.

I think I had mild heatstroke last time.

Michael

Hi Sim

Thanks for organising this. It sounds good.

Simon may be in Canberra doing a reno but hopefully I will be there.

Cheers
Julie
Hi Julie

I had not picked up that Simon and yourself had started to post away from your "secret identities" ("SimonJulie").

I can't be in Sydney for the day, but perhaps there is a day I can catch up again. On a rare day when Subway staff can all turn up :(

Hi Geoff

Great to hear from you!

I go by many names but still answer to simonjulie.

We are living in Sydney now but would love to catch up with you again sometime soon.

We need another big BBQ event.

Cheers
Julie

Just a reminder that the picnic is this coming Sunday - 7th December.

Even if you don't have a "family", just bring yourself and have a chat.

So far we have:

- Jacque
- Sim'
- Suzanne
- Cliff & Vicki
- pennyk
- fokas
- Cartoon
- Chris T
- josko
- Julie (maybe)
- NickM (maybe)
- Nigel (maybe)

Note that there are no shops near the park itself, but there are some a short drive away in Putney.

We are going to try and get there in time to reserve a sheltered area (unfortunately they don't allow you to book in advance), but it would be worthwhile bringing some chairs just in case. There are BBQ facilities available.

What to bring:

- yourselves + family (great playground for the kids to run around)
- food/drinks for you and your family
- chairs / picnic blankets
- hats / sunscreen (especially if we end up sitting outside)

I'll do up some meetup.com signs to help you find us.

I am very disappointed I can't come! family BBQ has been decided on the same day. Husbands birthday being this Thursday.

I hope I can make it next time!

Regards JO

Sharyn and I will try and drop in in the PM. It will really depend on whether we have completed everything on the last 2 reno's. Tenant moves in on Monday in one and garage is still full of stuff.

Cheers

Back