Sydney Meeting ideas

Hi Guys,
Just running past you all the next meeting ideas - its been a while so would like to do one soon (and then an xmas get together in December).

Please , can you guys give me some ideas (or even go one step further and ask people you may know?).

Remember the pub in Glebe only does Monday nights.

I was thinking someone like an economist (especially in these times) , or someone who is into property and shares and has a decent idea of the economy?

Anyway , give me some ideas !!

David

Hi Perky

My brain is on overload with moving house this week so I don't have any ideas but glad to see you are thinking about a get together.

Even if we don't manage a November SIG meeting, I think it would be great to catch up with SIG friends over a Xmas drink.

C'mon SIG members, what are your thoughts. Got any suggestions?

Cheers
Julie

The Rocks Lunch for X/Mas

Back when this Forum first started I arranged a few lunches at The Rocks. Phillipes Foote Steak / wine bar / beer garden. They were always very well attended and good meal. Some people that had flown in or driven and were staying in the city partied on:eek::D

Just my suggestion ?

I think most that attend will want to network, drink , party,
NOT play Cashflow 2020!

Any opinions

Gee Cee

(Rocking in the wheel chair):p

The Rocks area would be great. Anytime is great for us except for Wed and Friday evening.
We are planning on going to DurtyNelly's for trivia night on Wed and we have tickets for DirtyDicks dinner theatre on Friday evening.
We also plan on taking the evening "walk ghost tour" at the Rocks some evening, but will book that when we arrive.

okay, I just phoned Phillip's Foote. They are open every night.

Let's decide on a date and then I'll book a table and broadcast it under a separate post.

How does the evening of Tuesday 11th Nov sound?

Cheers
Julie
(aka macmillionaire)

okay, I just phoned Phillip's Foote. They are open every night.

Let's decide on a date and then I'll book a table and broadcast it under a separate post.

How does the evening of Tuesday 11th Nov sound?

Cheers
Julie
(aka macmillionaire)

Anywhere sounds good to us.
As long as public transport is available :)

Would always love to come but it is too far and hard with parking for me on a week night.

Have fun guys!

Regards Jo

Since we are in the process of organising a North shore gathering during the week on the 5th November (I was going to see if people were interested in making this a regular gathering) ... I was also going to suggest we weekend lunch gathering in the city at Philips Foote some time. Weekends are easier for city events I find (if you don't actually work in the city that is).

If someone really wants a city event during the week though - don't let me stop you ... was just a suggestion :D

How about the 15th or 16th November ?

Last edited:
Okay, let's decide.

Good idea Sim, to make it lunchtime on a weekend. Shall we say the 15th so that Kathryn can come.

Skater would love to see you. I hope you can make it. I know you would prefer a different location but it is hard to please everyone.

The Rocks is Central and easy to get to.

Sim, would you like me to post this or would you like to. I think a separate specific post would be good so people can see exactly what, when and where we are proposing the get together.

Cheers
Julie

You do a new thread for it Julie - I'll follow up with a meetup.com invite sent out to everyone (if that's okay ?).

I'll also change the date on my other thread about a family picnic - I must have had a brain fade when I wrote that and suggested the same weekend!

Sorry guys, but i am going to have to temporarily drop the ball on this one. Not so much due to lack of interest but due to lack of computer.

We are in between houses and I'm on the laptop right now but it is disappearing for several days and then we're moving again. It is too difficult for me to organise anything right now.

But I'm still keen to get together and I'll be able to do more once I get my computer back.

Cheers
Julie

Back