Sydney Meeting - Wednesday 21/01/15

Hear ye, hear ye! Come gather around a beautiful brew or bodacious burger and tell truthful tales of terrible tenants, terrific trusts, terrifying taxes, marvelous mortgages, painful PMs, heating hotspots, dreaded duds, stupid stamp duty and of course, renovating for fun and profit.

When: 6:30pm, Wednesday the 21st of January
Where: Off Broadway Hotel. It's a pub beneath Broadway shops which means there's easy parking available (2 hours free parking at Broadway Shops) and approximately 2 minute bus ride from Central Station (or walk the 800m arduous trek)

Fairly central location.
The pub's nothing flash but c'mon, we're not a fancy bunch.
Relatively close to CBD/Major public transport hub. See here to plan your trip.
Parking for those driving from further away.
Wednesday night so the shops shouldn't be mental.
Not a weekend so no one should have plans already.

If it's your first time, come on down and introduce yourself. There will be people of varying ages and experience levels and no one should feel they won't fit in.

If you're one of those with post counts in the thousands, you know the drill!

If you're worried about which group at the pub is the Meetup, just loiter by the tables and if you hear people discussing whether or not they can justify their Chicken Parmigiana as an business expense, you've found us.

See you there!

P.S. For those of us who are more further flung, who appreciate the fresh, rural air of Western Sydney and couldn't bear to leave her for a moment, a meetup will be organised there approximately 1 month after this, pending input from the gallery.

Reactions: neK
I'll post this up on my meetup group.

Hopefully not cancelled last minute this time. That didn't go down very well...

Booking under Somersoft?

I'll post this up on my meetup group.

Hopefully not cancelled last minute this time. That didn't go down very well...

Booking under Somersoft?

Haven't made a booking. Having been to the pub a few times before, I don't think it'll be necessary on a Wednesday night.

While I'm always keen for a catch up I can't leave the far flung west early enough to make it at a reasonable hour. My borrowing entity (ie husband) leaves the city to get home around that time.

I look forward to the next westie meet.

While I'm always keen for a catch up I can't leave the far flung west early enough to make it at a reasonable hour. My borrowing entity (ie husband) leaves the city to get home around that time.

I look forward to the next westie meet.

Per my final paragraph, happy to accept suggestions for venue/timing?

I was thinking Bavarian Bier Caf? on a Friday, though thought it may be a little busy? Could also go to the Bull & Bush (With Don Sim's permission to muscle in on his turf).

Wednesday or Friday? Which Venue?

Perhaps a Wednesday at a leagues or RSL club? Maybe Wenty Leagues or somewhere closer to the city with ample parking? I like the Bull n Bush too. Always a good turnout there.

Don't want to dominate this thread tho maybe pick this back up after xmas?

I should be able to make this one. Will be good to catch up - and might kick-start an active investing interest again... the 12-month buying ban that my partner had imposed is nearing its end!! :)

I'd love to come but I'll either be still in Tasmania Or flying to Alice Springs to meet my new grand Baby. Depending on when bubba decides to make an appearance.:D:D

I'll be open to one a month later though. I thought the Bavarian a Cafe was too noisy. Hard to have a conversation.

Have a great meetup everyone.

Trying to get my PPOR renovations done so BBQ at my place still stands but has to be put back a bit... early-mid feb?

Per my final paragraph, happy to accept suggestions for venue/timing?

I was thinking Bavarian Bier Caf? on a Friday, though thought it may be a little busy? Could also go to the Bull & Bush (With Don Sim's permission to muscle in on his turf).

Wednesday or Friday? Which Venue?
Bavarian Bier Caf was too noisy, Bull & Bush too hard to get to as I have to wait for hubby to get home. Something along the train line from the city is fine, I've organised them before at St Mary's, but happy for Wenty too.

Trying to get my PPOR renovations done so BBQ at my place still stands but has to be put back a bit... early-mid feb?

Looking forward to it.

I like the Bull n Bush too. Always a good turnout there.

Last time I organised a meetup at the B&B I had to cancel because of lack of interest. Possibly just bad timing though - usually get a lot more interest.

Once I have babysitting arrangements sorted for Jan / Feb, I'll try and organise something then.

As for this meetup on the 21st - I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to make it, but I'll put it in the calendar.

Happy to advertise via my Meetup group as well.

Last time I organised a meetup at the B&B I had to cancel because of lack of interest. Possibly just bad timing though - usually get a lot more interest.

Once I have babysitting arrangements sorted for Jan / Feb, I'll try and organise something then.

As for this meetup on the 21st - I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to make it, but I'll put it in the calendar.

Happy to advertise via my Meetup group as well.

Don Sim (sorry, just finished the Godfather :D),

I'll leave the "Western Sydney" meetup territory to you, mate. I won't organise one in Jan/Feb if you've got one on at the B&B, as it'll just dilute numbers at both.

Later on in the year (maybe Feb/Mar) I'll do one at Wenny Leegs.

Back